Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: AK hand level 1

[ QUOTE ]
well said. i folded.

SB had a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a 5 way pot you are going to get action after that small flop raise. and as ekky said, much of the time you are now getting freerolled or chopping at best.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:27 AM

He could just have an A, or the ignorant end of the straight. Thats a small bet considering the size of the pot. I'd call.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:35 AM

PF is interesting, by the time all the limpers get back and call there is already t135 in the pot.

You can either call or push PF and be happy about it. I prefer pushing because I'll likely get called by a worse Ace or any pocket pair. There are more than enough chips in here to compensate for being a slight dog to any lower pocketpair. Additionally, if you hit your hand there are so many limpers that TPTK isn't going to be good enough.

Push to isolate.

On the flop, I'm raising the the size the pot ~t300. Its way too draw heavy or giving great odds for someone to chip this pot with you or pick up a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] cheaply.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:37 AM

I just smooth call the flop. Im trying to keep the pot small, and keep the guys with 2 pair in that I might be able to bust. This is a good strategy early on, when your not in the mood to commit all your chips. This also lets you off on the turn if a trouble card hits. (like it did)
Old 08-09-2005, 01:12 PM

I think crying is an appropriate response. Maybe raise more on the flop. When I first started answering, I didn't realize there were still 4 people. I think you have to let this one go. Too great a chance you are either already beat by the flush or someone is freerolling so you are playing for 1/2 a pot (or 1/3 a pot).
Old 08-09-2005, 01:16 PM

I'd cuss at them in chat.

You are in a really awful position. I think you gotta raise more on the flop cus this is so draw heavy and any ace or king or the board pairing or any spade could easily corrupt your hand.

That being said with like 4 ppl to the turn on this board after a bet/re-raise I garuntee you are either splitting this pot or are drawing dead. I'd run to the bathroom, puke, then run back and fold.