Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 05:58 PM

Default I F-in HATE deuces!!!

UTG is loose, BB is fit or fold.
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (15.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.5 (All-In)</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>
Old 06-25-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: I F-in HATE deuces!!!

what happened to UTG?
Old 06-25-2005, 06:02 PM

hmmm...oops.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:09 PM

okay fixed sorry about that
Old 06-25-2005, 06:27 PM

I don't like it. The only thing that makes me hesitate is that the post is so big. But i think your heading for a world a hurt here. even if you not beat now by a PP, 8, or 6, you are 50/50 against a flush draw. Anyone with 2 live cards is 25% is beat you by the river. Then there's UTG how could have the pot locked up already. I think you have to call UTG .50 bet. If you want a way to win you could bluff raise the turn if something low hits and you have a chance to clear the field.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:30 PM

Having a hand like 22 with a reckless short-stack at the table can be annoying sometimes.

On the flop, it's unfortunate that there are so many ways you could go on to lose even if you're currently best (some hands you're beating at the moment are a favorite over you), but the line you took seems all right to me.

I'm not really sure what's best. I don't like any of my options on the flop.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:34 PM

Is calling 2 additional bets pre-flop correct with 22 even if the UTG is loose?
Old 06-25-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
even if you not beat now by a PP, 8, or 6, you are 50/50 against a flush draw. Anyone with 2 live cards is 25% is beat you by the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since Hero could get counterfeited by another 8, I think he's actually in worse shape than this against the hands you mention.

However, since any hand Hero is beating has outs against him, betting to try to thin the field could have its benefits.

I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. I do kind of have my doubts.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
even if you not beat now by a PP, 8, or 6, you are 50/50 against a flush draw. Anyone with 2 live cards is 25% is beat you by the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since Hero could get counterfeited by another 8, I think he's actually in worse shape than this against the hands you mention.

However, since any hand Hero is beating has outs against him, betting to try to thin the field could have its benefits.

I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. I do kind of have my doubts.

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be a lot easier if there was a full bet into me, then I could raise and actually give people behind me worse odds to call.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:15 PM

I fold preflop when it comes back two to me. I'd say someone has another pair here probably 30 to 40% of the time. Everyone else has live cards with which to kick my ass on any street.

Small PP's are fine to try and hit cheap sets with on the flop, but you can't do enough with them postflop when they miss to warrant this call.