Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 04:26 AM

Default Rakes in LA cardrooms

Forgive me if this is posted somewhere already - but I just moved to LA and want to start playing some fishy low-limit B&M games. I played the 2/4 at the Hustler tonight and the rake seemed pretty high - maybe $4 per hand? 1BB per hand is pretty big, correct? that almost makes the game seem unbeatable with tips.

Does anyone know about the rakes at other places in the area for 2/4, 3/6 and 4/8? is there a list on here somewhere? Specifically The Bike, Hollywood Park (I know that they have a weak ass jackpot drop, I HATE those), Hawaiian Gardens, Commerce, or anywhere else around the way here?

Basically, all are equidistant from me, and I'm sure all have the same type of players.

Again, if there's already a thread on here, I apologize, I tried a few searches, but came up empty.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Rakes in LA cardrooms

$4 is pretty standard. On top of that you usually get a $1 jackpot drop if such a jackpot exists. Then tips.

Yes, low limits suck.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:56 PM

hmmm...so $4 is standard.

Then what's the rake in a typical $4/$8 or $5/$10 game? Does it go up proportionately (I'm assuming that it doesn't since those games are considered more appealing)?

Thanks for bearing with me - I'm still pretty new to B&M play.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:03 PM

Rake at 2/4 at Pechanga in Temecula is also $4 as soon as there is a flop. Dealer said that it remains at $4 for all levels of limit games. For the life of me I can't remember if there is a separate drop for the bad beat jackpot.