Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 10:07 AM

Default 300 BB

Hi there!

Lately I managed to win 300BB at Party 0.5/1 - puuuh!

So I'm heading for 1/2 with the same goal, but I realised the players there are much less passive than at 0.5/1.

They'll even raise at the flop or turn with no made hands / only for bluffing purposes. So it's harder for me to get a read on them. Any suggestions for strategy adjustements?!

Thanks in advance,

Dai Wizard. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: 300 BB

If you're anything like me 1/2 has shown me leaks in my game I never knew existed. The reason for this is I have a good win rate at .50/1, but you have to push your edge more in 1/2 as you dont have so many people/fish/maniacs in huge pots playing crap cards. Two mistakes in my play will often set me in the red for a whole session.

Also, table selection becomes way more important. You don't have the luxury of 6-8 man flops unless you do some serious hunting.

All in all I think it's beatable but you have to actually 'concentrate', and tweak your game. Good luck to you see you on the tables.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:12 AM

Keep adjusting your play to fit the more difficult 1/2 game. Read all the posts on this forum. Put what you learn from them to use and you will become a winning 1/2 player. Good luck.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're anything like me 1/2 has shown me leaks in my game I never knew existed. The reason for this is I have a good win rate at .50/1, but you have to push your edge more in 1/2 as you dont have so many people/fish/maniacs in huge pots playing crap cards. Two mistakes in my play will often set me in the red for a whole session.

Also, table selection becomes way more important. You don't have the luxury of 6-8 man flops unless you do some serious hunting.

All in all I think it's beatable but you have to actually 'concentrate', and tweak your game. Good luck to you see you on the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word!!!!

I've found that I'm my biggest enemy. You can't recover from a bad tilt in 20 hands. And the tempation to tilt is very present with the maniacs you'll run into. I've finally calmed down and am playing the odds as well as the person and my win rate is creeping above 1bb/100 hopefuly on it's way to 2.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:24 AM

The biggest change I had to make when moving from party $0.50/$1 to $1/$2 was table and seat selection. At the previous you could just about sit down at any table and be assured of good conditions. With $1/$2 you need to pay more attention to it. The other night I was 4 tabling, not paying attention to the table changing, got aces UTG and open raised. That was when I notice not another player at the table had a VP$IP higher than 25% and all were TA-N or TA-A or sLA-A. They all folded and let me have the BB, I didn't post and moved on. Get and use playerview or gametime with pocker tracker, and pay attention to the players at the table, who is doing what and your position in relation. If I had a fish or two to my right I might stay at an otherwise tight table and might leave a semi-loose table if the players on my right are TA-N or TA-A.

Once you identify who your opponents are and get good position on the ones you want, it plays a lot like the lower level. Make a commitment to stay, even if you start with a down swing. Set a number of BB you will drop down at and stick to it. Don't get discouraged, tight aggressive play still wins at $1/$2.

Vern
Old 01-11-2005, 10:00 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi there!

Lately I managed to win 300BB at Party 0.5/1 - puuuh!

So I'm heading for 1/2 with the same goal, but I realised the players there are much less passive than at 0.5/1.

They'll even raise at the flop or turn with no made hands / only for bluffing purposes. So it's harder for me to get a read on them. Any suggestions for strategy adjustements?!

Thanks in advance,

Dai Wizard. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Play tighter but blind steal more.
Take more stabs at 2-3 handed flops. (it works good at 6 max)
Make sure you value bet all the passives.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:04 AM

Just one question...

Do you mean your bankroll is $300 or it is now $600?

If it is $300 dollar then you may want to do some reading about proper BR before you make the move.

If it is $600 just ignore me and listen to the rest.