Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 04:32 AM

Default Bellagio 5 Diamond Classic 2k NLHE - 3 Hands

Hand 1a

I have a stack of around 4kish. Villian is a very aggressive player in the BB. I raise from MP up to 1200 (Blinds 200/400) with AKs. He flat calls from the BB. Flop is 44J. He checks, I bet 1700 or so, he calls. Hmmm. Turn is a J. He checks, I check. River is a 2. He puts me all in for my last 700 (I know, numbers not all accurate here, except the 700 left).

Hand 1b.

I have around 17k, with blinds at 400/800 with some ante. New player sits down at the table with around 7k. As he sits down (Before looking at his cards), he says "Thank GOD they moved me to this table. My last one there were like all ins every other hand."

He looks at his cards, and raises it up to 2500. Its folded to me on the button with AKd. The irony was too great, so I said "Welcome to the table" and pushed.

Hand 2

Villian in this hand is a dangerous player. But he plays loose preflop. He had previously laid down a big hand to me when I check raised him off a better hand.

Villian and hero both have close to the same stack (I had him covered by roughly 2k). He raises to 3k from MP, folded to me in the BB with ATs. I call. He could be playing any 2 here. Flop is A73r. I check, he thinks for a bit, then bets out 7k. I was more certien of my read in this case than I ever was all tournament, and was almost sure he had a mid-high PP. 99-QQ. I push.

The one with my AK push was one of the funnier hands I've ever seen.

Overall I had a very enjoyable time. David Williams is every bit as nice as he seems in interviews. Met GotMilk, very nice as well. Spent a good bit of time with 2+2'r scooterdoo. Fishman is dominating the 5 diamond events so far. I'm surprised at the success of several LAG's, but that's poker.

Will post a full trip report when I get home, its all in Word. Just wanted to throw up a few hands.

350 entered. Kitten Warrior finishes a meager 34. Money starts at 27. I hurt alot.

Nick
Old 12-06-2004, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 5 Diamond Classic 2k NLHE - 3 Hands

Interesting hands, waiting for the rest.

David
Old 12-06-2004, 04:53 AM

When are you staying 'til chief? I'm getting there on Wednesday, would like to meet some other 2+2ers. Let me know!

Gavin Griffin
Old 12-06-2004, 04:59 AM

Gavin,

Just a short trip for me. I fly out Tues morning. Can't leave a wife and kids for too long. Would have loved to have met up. You should have come for today's event. =)

Why not bump up your flight and come in tomorrow. Scooterdoo is prolly still gonna be here.

Nick
Old 12-06-2004, 05:07 AM

Oh, and one other thing I thought you guys might like. I THOROUGHLY enjoyed that while playing live, you have MUCH more time you can use to make your decision. I probably took this to an extreme. By the end of the day, the table had two nicknames for me. "Lightning" and "The Human Rain Delay" I personally preferred the latter. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 05:16 AM

meeting someone at the airport or I would... I was hoping to have to push it back b/c the WPT is doing a Young Guns special, but they decided not to include me b/c of my lack of success in their tourneys.

Gavin Griffin

p.s. I'm sure we'll meet somewhere, if you see me around, just come up and say hi! I'm nice most of the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 11:11 AM

Looking forward to the trip report.
Did you find playing live easier? (I do)
Too bad about the bubble.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 12-06-2004, 01:09 PM

Woodguy
Yes. I found live play much easier to concentrate, and make better plays. It was easier for me to put a quick read on somoene, and be fairly accurate. And there is no 30 second timer forcing you to make a quick play.

Nick
Old 12-06-2004, 02:48 PM

Hand 1a: I'm a bit confused. You obviously have to call the river, but why did you get to the river w/ 3300 of your 4k in the middle? Why not just push preflop? Since you didn't, why not just push the flop instead of betting 1700 and keeping 700?

1b is standard.

Hand 2: If you truly believe he has that hand, why not just call the flop and hope he'll bet the turn. If he checks the turn, then you can put in a tempting small value bet that he might pay off. This seems like he's obviously calling with better hands and folding worse ones. I respect your game Chief, but I think you botched 2 of these 3 hands.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:12 PM

Chief I have sources that some pasty player wearing a horrid beige hat could have check folded into the cash can you confirm such rumors......