Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2004, 09:56 AM

Default QQ runs into stop-and-go

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero...
Old 08-09-2004, 10:07 AM

Default Re: QQ runs into stop-and-go

[ QUOTE ]
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Calls and calls the river too.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:11 AM

A stop-n-go is when an opponent bets (starts), calls a raise (stops), then bets again on the next street (goes).

This is a tough situation to be in since you still have another player involved. The board pairing can do weird things to people. They think they improved even when everyone improved the same amount. He could have a J.

I think a fold is premature. You then need to decide if you want SB to hang around or not. You can call down and try to get some overlay (and more variance) by keeping SB in the pot. Or you can raise, take SB out, and take a free showdown (folding if 3-bet).
Old 08-09-2004, 10:20 AM

i think a raise is in order here, at this point you probably just want to take this pot down and if you get reraised you can safely lay this down. with an overcard and the board paired if he reraises its safe to say your beat.. and if your not, make a note and add him to your buddy list. the raise here costs the exact same as a call down, (assuming he reraises if your beat) but wins you more if your hand is good.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A stop-n-go is when an opponent bets (starts), calls a raise (stops), then bets again on the next street (goes).

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. I'm on some good **** this morning. It was a rough night...

I called it down but hated my play after the fact. This is probably a raise or fold situation, and I like the raise planning to take a free showdown or fold to a 3-bet. BB shows K8o and he drags it.