Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 02:01 AM

Default AQs to a semi-weak flop

It is obviously correct to raise AQs or AKs in late position with five or six callers on a ten handed .5/1 table. But when the flop comes J82 rainbow, and someone bets, do you call hoping to make top pair, provided you are getting pot odds that support the six outs(3A's and 3K's)? Or is it wise to simply fold?
Old 12-08-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Re: AQs to a semi-weak flop

Well you can call which makes you less likely to win if someoen was holding one of your cards and bottom pair. I think if it was a late bettor you can sometimes raise and clean up your AK outs if you think you can knock out a significant amount of the hands. Lots of bad players limp stuff like J8 and K8.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:52 AM

really depends on the table for me... sometimes i'd push my pot equity fully aware you're not going to eliminate players... others i'll wait to see the flop, and try and keep the pot small and play things from there... with them being suited i tend to build the pot more often...

if it came J82 rainbow it would really depend on the action,
i'd be very leary of overcalling in this situation as A-8's, QJ's, KJ's could very well have you drawing to 3 outs or worse instead of the 6... if someone in ep bet, and chased 3 or so out, i'd take one off on flop
Old 12-08-2005, 02:53 AM

good play as well... similar to my hopes on an early bet chasing a few out... although this play is more likely to do the trick if the bet comes from late position