Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Air America Going Down the Tubes

I think that everything was pretty much summed up for me when I tuned in on a late Monday night. I recognized the voice, or so I thought at the time, but didn't want to jump to any conclusions. Then, the familiar voice said something about morality and politics in America. I said to myself, "no way is this who I think it may be." Then, I heard this:

"We'll return, after these messages, to Jerry Springer."

I haven't listened since....

Jihad
Old 11-05-2005, 12:40 PM

I have Sirius radio... and during my 30 minute commute to and from work, I've tried listening to Air America. I consider myself to be fairly "liberal", but the hosts on AAR drive me bonkers. It's the same old dribble over and over with very little rational discussion. I feel that I'd have to have a lower IQ to like that sort of nonsense. Rush is like that, too... but his followers seem to like that sort of thing. I'd love to have a talk-radio station that has reasonable rational discussion of all sides of the issues. Can we get something like that? Probably not.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was a fan of The Daily Show until he got so GWB negative.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you, liked it when Clinton was president, and Jon made fun of Clinton, but stopped liking it when Bush became president and he started making fun of Bush. I liked it before and now. Actually, it seems like Jon is tired of making fun of GB... it's like making fun of someone being retarded. It's funny, until you realize it's true... then it's just sad.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, you, liked it when Clinton was president, and Jon made fun of Clinton...

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I don't remember the Clinton-bashing, or whatever/however he made fun of BC. I guess it wasn't that important to me or a very small part of his show.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, you, liked it when Clinton was president, and Jon made fun of Clinton...

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I don't remember the Clinton-bashing, or whatever/however he made fun of BC. I guess it wasn't that important to me or a very small part of his show.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

... or you're biased.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... or you're biased.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm biased because I don't remember him making fun of Clinton? I think if I was biased I'd certainly remember having fun at the expense of Clinton's actions, words, etc.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have Sirius radio... and during my 30 minute commute to and from work, I've tried listening to Air America. I consider myself to be fairly "liberal", but the hosts on AAR drive me bonkers. It's the same old dribble over and over with very little rational discussion. I feel that I'd have to have a lower IQ to like that sort of nonsense. Rush is like that, too... but his followers seem to like that sort of thing. I'd love to have a talk-radio station that has reasonable rational discussion of all sides of the issues. Can we get something like that? Probably not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Air America isn't on Sirius anymore.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a) Ed Schultz is awesome. http://www.bigeddieradio.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. This guy has got game!
Old 11-05-2005, 05:10 PM

Cons have been predicting doom for AAR since its inception. 70 stations seems good so far. The results of the election discouraged liberals and probably hurt ratings somewhat, but now with all the problems on the Right, people will listen again. Look at liberal blogs like kos, in Jan, traffic was down, now its way way up. In four months I will bet AAR has more stations, that is, it has not gone "down the tubes". (they just invested millions in a new studio...)
Old 11-05-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... or you're biased.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm biased because I don't remember him making fun of Clinton? I think if I was biased I'd certainly remember having fun at the expense of Clinton's actions, words, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You laughed then. You don't laugh now.

Many people have said The Daily Show made jokes at Clinton's expense (and I remember it as well), but you don't seem to remember that. Maybe you don't remember because it didn't get under your skin like jabs at Bush and the Republicans do.

Yeah, it sounds a lot like you're biased. Not that there's anything wrong with that.