Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 01:44 PM

Default wierd 88 hand

BB is really loose and fairly passive, UTG is on my buddy list is loose and goes to showdowns a lot and has stats of 55/14. I had a note saying that he limp reraises with random chit. Is there any way to play it differently?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)
converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (10.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.20 BB
Old 06-17-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: wierd 88 hand

Im gonna guess that he has top two or better here. Seems like he is trying to string UTG along.

Given your action up to that point I call the river as well. I would have to be VERY sure that I was crushed and not being bet into by a busted flush or straight draw to fold here.

I prob check the turn though, and call a bet from BB that is not called by UTG, or a bet by UTG after a check from BB.

Interested to hear others thoughts though.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: wierd 88 hand

I like it given the reads. I'm paying off the river too. I think its an AK-miss desperation donk-bluff more than 9% of the time. NH