Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Bet Royal promo: Bet your favorite NBA team at +100 all season?

You also get an NCAA team with the same +100 privelage. Can anyone with experience with the site confirm if they slide the points against "your favorite" team for this bonus? I doubt it, but if they didn't move the line against you, I'd say that would leave some pretty easy middling/ scalping opportunities with line moves.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Bet Royal sign up program: Bet your favorite NBA team at +100?

I talked to a representative in their Chat and asked if they moved the lines against the team selected to offset the +100 juice and he said it was the same line dealt to others. If this is true, I feel like getting some friends together and selecting some different "favorite teams" and going to work for the season. A little study of line moves and using this and Pinnacle, you could make some cash. Their limits are 5000 per NBA side (way more than I need).
Old 11-01-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Bet Royal promo: Bet your favorite NBA team at +100 all season?

Are they the same book as royalbet.com? If so, I know I have heard of a lot of problems with them and they are rated f+ on SBR. I would definitely research them.

craig
Old 11-01-2005, 03:57 AM

Nah, but it doesn't look much better. They are under "Royal Sports" on SBR and Major Wager. D rating. Numerous complaints about slow pay (no non pays that I see), you have to phone in payouts, including Neteller? And supposedly playing steam is a no-no, yet at my levels 500 a game or so max I'm not sure that's that big of a problem. People do say they have good promos, soft unique NBA lines, and a very good variety of futures/props. I book with Sportsinteraction, so I can put up with a little crap, but Royal Sports sounds like too much. Boy, it would be nice though to have a group playing different teams at even money.

edit: Holy crap, never mind!

SBR update awhile back

[ QUOTE ]
4/4/2005 12:28:00 PM
Royal Sports (SBR rating D) Tej sends armed men to intimidate SBR staff, SBR agrees to allow a corrected SBR Newswire. SBR reports no corrected report offered by Royal Sports. After sending three armed thugs to detain SBR staff in Costa Rica it was decided SBR would give Royal Sports a week to clarify the SBR report that the infamous Tej was in fact the new owner of Royal Sports. Tej’s thugs were arrested without incident by heavily armed Costa Rican police while the forced meeting between Royal Sports and SBR was still taking place. SBR appreciates the remarkable response time and overwhelming force employed by Costa Rican police.

Royal Sports has now declined to issue a corrected statement as promised leaving little doubt that the original report by SBR was correct.

Tej’s tactics of intimidation threaten the industry and give critics of gaming in Costa Rica fuel for their argument that gaming attracts thugs, organized crime and other undesirables.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2005, 05:41 PM

I tell people that the days of a book folding up are over. This was a worry ten years ago, when all the books were brand new, and you couldn't tell one from the other. But nowadays, there are books that have stood the test of time, and you can trust them.

I also tell people not to put too much stock in what SBR says.

Having said all that: I wouldn't put my money in Royal.