Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2004, 10:44 PM

Default Stupid Questions

OK, keep in mind that I'm new here and maybe not that bright. I have seen posts with these nice icons for spades, hearts, diamonds, and clubs (no green clovers, but, whatever). I have also seen some references to a "converter". I must admit I did a search on it and got lazy when I couldn't find a link to it. Is there a link to this program?
Next dumb question, I have seen the abbreviation CO a lot. I have used my incredible powers of deduction to assume this is the late position player who is not on the button. I'm curious what the abbreviation stands for and if my assumption is correct?
Old 11-20-2004, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Stupid Questions

2+2 forum user bisonbison created a hand converter that takes in raw hand histories and spits them out as nice, forum-postable histories. The converter is temporarily down for now.

CO stands for "cutoff." This is the player to the right of the button.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:35 PM

Cool, thanks. Too bad about the converter.
BTW, is it called "cutoff" because hands change dramatically from MP to LP. I mean you can call more, raise more, and if you have a good hand your raise is more likely to give you best position the rest of play.
Or is it that cutoff sounds cool?
Old 11-20-2004, 11:52 PM

im not sure why its called cutoff precisely, but its probably because you raise from there to cutoff the button from limping in. its a pretty standard term and its used in most published poker literature.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:25 AM

you can get the icons in your posts without the converter. just press one of the "instant graemlins" for whatever you need with the cursor in the correct spot. you can also type the gremlins out manually by typing ":spaade:" (not the quotations and spell it correctly) or "" for a smiley face.

The reason that TSMBD gave for the definition of cutoff is correct as I have always know it. When you raise here preflop, you are "cutting off" the button from playing the hand and you get to act last. Therefore when you see someone refer to CO-1, it would be the spot two before the button preflop.

Welcome to the forum.