Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 09:39 PM

Default Bet the river?

I was only in this hand because I just joined the table and posted the big blind. Do I bet this river?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (19.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
Old 11-11-2004, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Bet the river?

Bet it. Queens up is going to be good here a lot, and nobody has given you much of a reason to think it isn't.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:17 AM

I would check it due to the 4 opponents. If it was 3 or less I would bet, but 4 is just enough to cause me concern that someone is waiting for a made flush check raise. Perhaps this thinking is a bit weak, but it's my standard guideline. It certainly is a close call IMO.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:17 AM

IMO With that many callers don't you have to put someone on a flush draw looking for a c/r. Since hero has been firing the whole way?

Not that it would be a good place to c/r since its unlikely anyone would cold call 2 bets. But I've seen people do.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:15 AM

Easy river bet. In the long run, you'll see lots of one-pair and worse two-pair hands call you -- enough to justify getting checkraised here every now and then to a flush.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:29 AM

This is hardly an easy river bet, and you are wrong IMO.

The Shill