Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2005, 08:26 AM

Default bet this river?

interpoker £35000 guarranteed middle stages. 400/800 blinds villain and hero both have 20k+.
villain seems a little tight but isn't prepared to fold small blind too often. i had already used the strong raise with nothing play when she open limped from the sb an orbit ago (she passed). so this time i felt she probably had some form of hand that would be able to call my raise.
hero is bb of 800 with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
all fold to villain in sb who calls 400 to 800
hero checks
flop J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
villain bets 800
hero calls
turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
villain bets 800
hero raises 2400 to 3200 total
villain calls
river 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
villain checks
hero checks

anyone value bet this river? i was just glad to have some form of hand to show down and felt that she wouldn't be able to call with a worse hand considering that i only had the ignorant end of the staight on a 3 flush paired board.
what are your thoughts on the turn semi bluff? i was horrified when she called because i was probably going to bluff off a large portion of my stack if i missed on the river!