Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How long have you played?
more than 5 years 23 6.73%
3-5 years 19 5.56%
2-3 years 92 26.90%
1 year 105 30.70%
less than 1 year 103 30.12%
Voters: 342. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Splitting the bill.

[ QUOTE ]

you realize this is not normal right? If you go out to dinner with two people, and one of them has a beer, do you go through the effort to figure out that he owes $3.00 more than the other two who ordered cokes? I realize it is not that much effort, but it just seems so petty.

Daryn: Ok, I owe $23.50
Friend 1: Ok, I owe $24.25, I got a diet coke.
Friend 2 (the drinker): Well, I got a beer, so it comes to $27.00

Isn't it easier for everyone to just throw $25 and leave?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't make any kind of effort to tell anyone what they owe. i just look at the bill and put in what i owe. it seems so simple to me to glance at the bill and quickly arrive at an amount of cash i am putting in.

by the way, i usually overtip anyway, so if i found that i owed $23.50, i would just put in $25, or if i had 4 1's, $24.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
first of all, it's not about nitpicking, when we go out, all of my friends simply take turns looking at the bill and paying what they owe. nobody is going around telling everyone to put in this and that, it's just that everyone understands the concept of paying for what they ordered. it's not a hard concept to grasp.

secondly, maybe it's just because i like to hang out with intelligent poeple, but the bill is never short, and is almost always too much, resulting in a huge tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize this is not normal right? If you go out to dinner with two people, and one of them has a beer, do you go through the effort to figure out that he owes $3.00 more than the other two who ordered cokes? I realize it is not that much effort, but it just seems so petty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't ever go out to eat with anyone who would order a coke or just water with his meal. That is weird.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
first of all, it's not about nitpicking, when we go out, all of my friends simply take turns looking at the bill and paying what they owe. nobody is going around telling everyone to put in this and that, it's just that everyone understands the concept of paying for what they ordered. it's not a hard concept to grasp.

secondly, maybe it's just because i like to hang out with intelligent poeple, but the bill is never short, and is almost always too much, resulting in a huge tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention, who keeps that level of exact change on them? Do you make the waitress come back with a bunch of quarters? Or do you do the dreaded "OK hon, $23.50 on THIS credit card, $27.00 on THAT credit card"? If everyone just overpays and leaves the extra as a tip, wouldn't it be OK to just split it three ways anyway (assuming you used an already healthy % when doing the initial figuring)?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but what happens when one person orders a water and a salad, and another person orders two beers and a steak?

[/ QUOTE ]

The salad person is lame and probably shouldn't be going out to eat? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but what happens when one person orders a water and a salad, and another person orders two beers and a steak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on here, yes situations arise. Again, among the post college crowd if something like this happens someone usually steps up "dude just take care of the tip, I got the meal" or "get me a few beers at the bar" . This should be an automatic gesture, one would assume you are breaking bread with someone you are friendly with and you wouldn't mind spending an extra 8 bucks on them.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The salad person is lame and probably shouldn't be going out to eat? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um.... let's say she's a chick. And she's going to blow you later. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I dunno. You get my point though.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't ever go out to eat with anyone who would order a coke or just water with his meal. That is weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i think it's weird that you won't eat with anyone who likes water.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention, who keeps that level of exact change on them? Do you make the waitress come back with a bunch of quarters? Or do you do the dreaded "OK hon, $23.50 on THIS credit card, $27.00 on THAT credit card"? If everyone just overpays and leaves the extra as a tip, wouldn't it be OK to just split it three ways anyway (assuming you used an already healthy % when doing the initial figuring)?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i've never in my life had the bill split between credit cards. usually what happens is one guy puts it on his credit card and then everyone pays that guy.. either right then or whenever. sometimes we gamble for it later.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um.... let's say she's a chick. And she's going to blow you later. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I dunno. You get my point though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly hope you'd fork out the five bucks for the bitch's salad and water, for some quality head. Hell, I'd even ask if she wanted desert.

Swede
Old 11-16-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on here, yes situations arise. Again, among the post college crowd if something like this happens someone usually steps up "dude just take care of the tip, I got the meal" or "get me a few beers at the bar" . This should be an automatic gesture, one would assume you are breaking bread with someone you are friendly with and you wouldn't mind spending an extra 8 bucks on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone keeps mentioning college.. i have no idea how that matters somehow. what if none of my friends went to college?