Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Go broke with QQ overpair?

Just sat at the table, no reads. Villaina and I both have $50 - 1 buyin.

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds, villain calls, 4 folds, SB completes, hero raises to $2.50, villain calls, SB folds. </font>.

Flop: ($5.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $5, villain minraises to $10, Hero hesitates, and calls.

Turn: ($25.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $20, villain goes all in, hero calls $15.

I really don't like getting it all in with QQ here. How else do you play this? Folding to the minraise is way too weak. If I check the turn, he may sense weakness and bet and then I don't know what to do. But since I'm committing myself by bettng the $20 anyway, maybe a check call is the right play on the turn. At least then I get money from some worse hands that he may hold. Can anyone give me a better line?