Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did the addition of the 75/150 blind level change the average length of time each 10+1 stt takes?
yes 25 71.43%
no 10 28.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: 109 interesting spot.. POLL TIME!!

fold... you're oop A6o not strong enough... you're also in good shape vs opponents chip wise... better to push a weaker hand from sb/btn, imo.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold... you're oop A6o not strong enough... you're also in good shape vs opponents chip wise... better to push a weaker hand from sb/btn, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

however, the correct answer is usually the opposite of what I would do, so shoving is probably correct... but I still stay fold [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

however, the correct answer is usually the opposite of what I would do, so shoving is probably correct... but I still stay fold [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

what does oop have to wit it? (Is that a tina turner song?)

anyway, raptor is too young to recall that song, but he should push here if he hasnt pushed much in the last 5 and not push if he pushed, lets say, the last 2.

This hand is all about how much I have pushed lately...I could either fold this or push it easily, but its all about feel and my image at the moment.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:05 PM

Fold.

If it's suited I shove.

Yugoslav
Old 10-08-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

If it's suited I shove.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, either fold or shove works here, i'd say it's about = EV either way.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:05 PM

I'd shove. I figure the big stack would have a tight calling range here, while the blinds could be loose enough to even be behind you a lot of the time they call (big blind would call here with a hand like KQ a lot of the time). I'm interested to see what others think here though... I also actually kind of prefer being in the cutoff and not the button here. A lot of players respect a cutoff raise a lot more.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also actually kind of prefer being in the cutoff and not the button here. A lot of players respect a cutoff raise a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd rather be in the CO than BTN for an open push? No way....only if I have a really big hand. This hand here isn't that really big hand.

Yugoslav
Old 10-08-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also actually kind of prefer being in the cutoff and not the button here. A lot of players respect a cutoff raise a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd rather be in the CO than BTN for an open push? No way....only if I have a really big hand. This hand here isn't that really big hand.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting Yugo... I wish I read your post about an hour ago, I tried pushing a worse hand (Kx 4-5 handed L5 or so) from CO after reading his push from CO post... I lost on that very hand [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 02:08 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Gigabet [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] posted about liking to push from the CO.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Gigabet [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] posted about liking to push from the CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't it from MP?

Meh...whatever, Gigabet plays in a different game IMO and will know the texture of the table when he does it.

Yugoslav