Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Masters of Horror/Homecoming - (subject: - political zombies) -

work with me on this - it's political but it's so damned hilarious and funny too - I think it belongs in OOT.

Joe Dante did an hr. long special for Showtime on their Masters of Horror series. The episode is called Homecoming.

Basically, it's the current administration - they have some shill names - (Karl Rove becomes Kurt Rand - Ann Coultier becomes some other shrill right winger) -

A couple weeks before the election, a political hack on a TV station responds to a mother's grief for her lost son in the Iraqi war by saying he wish her son could come back and tell them to carry on the fight...

48 hrs later, Vets from the war start rising from the dead. - They seem rational enough to do what they used to do, but far and away, they're walking to voting polls to cast votes of all things. At first, of course, the right wingers are like - "Hell yah, we got the Military vote anyways..."

but ONLY the vets who oppose the war have risen - When the Republicans realize this, they backpedal like they're going over a cliff and try to deny these re-risen soldiers their right to vote...but most of them get it, and it doesn't do the current administration any good to have it's war dead walking around America being a visual reminder of the cost of war. So in the end, the country leans to vote the prez. out of office.

The zombies go in, vote, and then die on the spot - as if they rose from the dead just to cast a vote against the incumbant. After they drop the vote in the ballot box, they fall over dead again.

Some hilarious quips - the Karl Rove type figure making a comment about a lady in a miniskirt, with one of his aides going "oh please, like you care" - (a jab towards Karl's rumored preferences - LOL) -

and in the end, the powers that be throw out some votes and so the votes of the resurrected soldiers don't count - a reference to the rigged election of 2000, and some believe, 2004.

Then the whole damned deceased armed forces from every war comes rising out of the grave and take over the capital and force the Prez. and Republicans out - these zombies don't die when shot in the head...LOL.

It's probably the most only zombie poltical statement I've ever seen, and I can see Ann Coultier having a lawsuit over it - LOL - the female TV guest/commentator is so clearly a ripoff of her you wonder why they just didn't use real names - but the intent is clear -

Highly recommended - esp. for anyone not Republican - LOL - the Republicans will just claim this zombie fest is another tool of the Left wing - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] - I love it when zombies make political statements - right Wacki? -

a hell of an interesting story...cool as hell - and the woman in the leather miniskirt is pretty smoking too - I'd do her even if she really was a Republican - (I understand her regular gig is "The L word" - Lesbian drama on showtime...LOL)

A satrical horror piece that I think speaks volumes about our current situation.

RB
Old 12-05-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Masters of Horror/Homecoming - (subject: - political zombies) -

Wish I'd seen it. Would be a fun torrent.