Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Paradise software- worst ever?

I am playing on this, clearing the deposit bonus, and I'm playing 3 tables at once.

Everytime I get up to switch tables, I swear it takes like 5 minutes for the Paradise server to figure out what's going on. When I try to join a new table, it says I'm playing the maximum of 3, even when I haven't played on that table in 2 or 3 minutes. Stars was never this bad. Stars is really fast. The buttons on Paradise also suck, and the hand history feature sucks as well.

I also hate the fold option for preflop. If you check this, it actually folds you if you're in an unraised pot in the big blind. What kind of crap is that?

Why does their software suck so much?

I also think that this is negatively affecting my play. I am not playing my best game because I hate their software so much. I just hate it.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Paradise software- worst ever?

[ QUOTE ]
Everytime I get up to switch tables, I swear it takes like 5 minutes for the Paradise server to figure out what's going on. When I try to join a new table, it says I'm playing the maximum of 3, even when I haven't played on that table in 2 or 3 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a function of how damn slow everyone acts on Paradise. They won't let you switch tables until the hand that was being played when you quit the table finishes.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:03 AM

DOn't forget about the agony of being slowrolled on the river too. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also hate the fold option for preflop. If you check this, it actually folds you if you're in an unraised pot in the big blind. What kind of crap is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's a "check/fold" button that will let you check.

[ QUOTE ]
Why does their software suck so much?

I also think that this is negatively affecting my play. I am not playing my best game because I hate their software so much. I just hate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're negatively affecting your play by being stubborn and stupid about such a small thing. Get over it - the bonus hangs around forever.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a function of how damn slow everyone acts on Paradise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah no kidding. How did it work out that all the grandpas ended up on one site? It's a strange phenomenon.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a function of how damn slow everyone acts on Paradise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah no kidding. How did it work out that all the grandpas ended up on one site? It's a strange phenomenon.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks a whole lot prettier. All the crazy LAGs just want action and don't think about the aesthetics.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:26 AM

Yes it looks pretty, but it's still slow and choppy as hell. I can't wait to move back to Stars. The Stars .25/.50 is actually LOOSER than the Paradise equivalent, believe it or not. And I am doing much better over there. At Paradise, I'm slowly and steadily clearing the bonus, but not making any money on top of it.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:32 AM

Man, when I was on Paradise the games were plenty loose -- I had at least one that was >45% VPIP a night. It was good times.

The slow-rolling on the river kills me every time. When I say "muck losing hands" I mean it! I never understood that.

Being able to place food orders is a cool (if completely random and useless) feature. They (or any poker site) really should get the equiliviant of /pizza from EverQuest 2 -- I think I would abuse that so much it would be a threat to my bankroll.

-Dippy
Old 06-04-2005, 01:36 AM

Hi Kumobou.

Yes there are some fishahs on paradise, but there are a lot fewer than there used to be. I want fishes that I can bleed dry, and there just aren't that many anymore. There are a lot more rocks it seems.

I tried the order food feature and I saw no animation or graphics or anything.

As for the slowrolling comment and "muck losing hands", I don't know what you're talking about. Can you elaborate? I'm clueless about what these things mean.

Thanks.

PS- One benefit of Paradise is that the players are much easier to read. When an LPP bets out the turn with a board of A245, I can confidently muck my AQ because I know he has the 3. And I don't feel bad about it either. I'm not paying 2 bets to get shown the 3. And I don't listen to anyone who tells me to do that. Sometimes you just have to go with reads.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried the order food feature and I saw no animation or graphics or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the Paradise experience could be greatly improved with the addition of some hot animated cocktail waitresses.