Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 02:18 PM

Default You have to love Party on these hands...

Table is loose with a maniac or two causing chaos and showing absolute junk.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (13.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (21.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 21.25 BB

The final club scared me so I was afraid someone might be setting me up for a C/R.

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 7s As (high card, ace).
UTG+1 shows Ad 7d (high card, ace).
UTG+2 shows 5h Ac (one pair, fives).
Hero shows Kh Ks (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 21.25 BB. </font>

Just a happy hand I wanted to share.

Thanks
Shaun
Old 08-27-2004, 02:20 PM

Default Re: You have to love Party on these hands...

[ QUOTE ]
Table is loose with a maniac or two causing chaos and showing absolute junk.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (13.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (21.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 21.25 BB

The final club scared me so I was afraid someone might be setting me up for a C/R.

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 7s As (high card, ace).
UTG+1 shows Ad 7d (high card, ace).
UTG+2 shows 5h Ac (one pair, fives).
Hero shows Kh Ks (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 21.25 BB. </font>

Just a happy hand I wanted to share.

Thanks
Shaun

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't be scared. Bet that river and pay off a raise.

Rob
Old 08-27-2004, 03:36 PM

SSHE has shown me the light, entity is right, bet the river. Even against 4 players.

Also, if you're up against a flush draw, I expect to get 3-bet by someone on the flop, even though you have position on them. I am not even saying it's a bad play, (3-betting with AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] certainly seems good no?) just saying I'd expect more action than you got no? Maybe I have just seen more LAG's recently than weak tighties who don't bet thier draws.

-secada
Old 08-27-2004, 03:43 PM

Had I played this hand at party I wouldve bet the river and then had the fourth best hand as BB would show 67o, UTG+1 wouldve shown 92 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and UTG+2 wouldve shown pocket threes for the flopped set.

Hence I hate Party on these hands. Just me though
Old 08-27-2004, 07:15 PM

Are we in the middle of a little downswing Kiemo? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Jaran
Old 08-27-2004, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be...but if you bet and nobody has it, you pick up maybe 3 BB's. If you bet and get check raised it costs you two. Something to weigh.

Also, typically the rivered flush will bet it out of fear that it'll get checked around. You've got position, it looks to me like your opponents are saying they don't have it. If you were early to act the situations a little different.

--Zetack
Old 08-27-2004, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be...but if you bet and nobody has it, you pick up maybe 3 BB's. If you bet and get check raised it costs you two. Something to weigh.

Also, typically the rivered flush will bet it out of fear that it'll get checked around. You've got position, it looks to me like your opponents are saying they don't have it. If you were early to act the situations a little different.

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't HATE the river check, as 2 more possisble str8 draws just got there as well, making it more likely that a check-call beats me. (most worried about a4, which as we can see, UTG+2 is entirely capable of having) and who's to say that UTG+1 won't bluff CR the river? If there were one fewer opponent I guess I bet and cryingly call a raise, but hero still only has 1 pair.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't HATE the river check, as 2 more possisble str8 draws just got there as well, making it more likely that a check-call beats me. (most worried about a4, which as we can see, UTG+2 is entirely capable of having) and who's to say that UTG+1 won't bluff CR the river? If there were one fewer opponent I guess I bet and cryingly call a raise, but hero still only has 1 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that's thinking scared. No one has given you a reason to believe they've got a good hand, so why would you assume it?

Rob
Old 08-27-2004, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think that's thinking scared. No one has given you a reason to believe they've got a good hand, so why would you assume it?
Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. By far the weakest point of my game is value betting scary boards on the river, however, a value bet just seems mighty thin here. Looking at the actual hand, I might get one caller (the other doofuses *might* call with a7 high I suppose).

I think if I bet *and* get called, I'm losing to baby flush or str8 or some silly 2 pair more than I'm winning here. I could be very wrong in that, but in my experience that seems to be the case. Plus, what do I do if someone gets fancy and CR's me?

Of course, I'm kinda wusslike on scary rivers as I mentioned, so you could well be right.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if I bet *and* get called, I'm losing to baby flush or str8 or some silly 2 pair more than I'm winning here.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO NO NO.
You will get called here with any variety of holdings.

Anyone with A9 or A8 (on any-9 or any-8) is likely going to call here.
The board really isn't THAT scary. The flush-draw hit, yes.
But you really need to bet here.

This is an interesting aspect of these forums.
Sometimes players will post hands that they found funny or interesting only to learn that the decision they thought was 'obvious' or 'automatic' was anything but.

Anyway, bet the river. Don't get weak-tight on hands like this and don't be afraid of monsters in the closet.