Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Was John Roberts on Karl Rove\'s payroll?

The Adminsitration is hiding his tax returns. The public will never know. The admin will probably cite National Security as Rove tries to have Jeff Gagnon seduce Barny Frank in an effort to distract attention from his treason investigation.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Was John Roberts on Karl Rove\'s payroll?

mmmm, hiding public documents, delicious...the best part is that no one cares. things are going so well.

rj
Old 07-27-2005, 07:05 AM

Hey, do me a favor and email me your tax returns. I want to look through them.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:20 PM

Ironic, isn't it, that by not allowing Roberts to take a seat on the DC Circuit in 1992, the Democrats gave him 11 years to make money in private practice before he got his judgeship in 2003. He made a lot more in private practice than he would have working for the government.

Roberts is probably thanking Ted Kennedy for making him a multi-millionaire. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a great point. For the sake of full discloser though I think that the returns should be looked at by a small committee of Senators, but by no means do I think they should become public record. (What exactly are they looking for anyway?)

But on the other hand, this administration is about as transparent as a brick wall. As much as they've messed up and hidden things, I trust nothing they do. So now any time they refuse to turn something over, even if for a good reason, I get worried.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:04 PM

you give the records to the senate, they will get leaked especially by a democratic congressman.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ironic, isn't it, that by not allowing Roberts to take a seat on the DC Circuit in 1992, the Democrats gave him 11 years to make money in private practice before he got his judgeship in 2003. He made a lot more in private practice than he would have working for the government.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not irony; we would expect a good lawyer to make a lot of money in the private sector. I also don't think the Democrats who voted against him in 1992 thought he would be poor if they managed to block his nomination to the circuit court.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not irony; we would expect a good lawyer to make a lot of money in the private sector. I also don't think the Democrats who voted against him in 1992 thought he would be poor if they managed to block his nomination to the circuit court.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the point. The irony is that Roberts was willing to accept a modest government salary for decades to come, but was thrust into a higher paid situation by his enemies. I don't think anyone would be surprised that private practice pays better.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nominate me to be a supreme court justice and i would be more than happy to show you...

rj