Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Official Guide to Party Poker Rakeback

Be patient.... maybe it's next Thursday [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 02:13 PM

o.k so ive read every single thread on PP that I could find and it seems that no one actually is 100% certain what is going on. All I seem to hear is conflicting ideas about rakeback, especially regarding the sit n go's. Is there any one who can say for certain what is going on? If I have a party have account already set up without rakeback but would like to set up a new one what would be my best course of action? any help would be great, cheers
Old 10-27-2005, 04:06 PM

especially regarding the sit n go's

?
Old 10-27-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
o.k so ive read every single thread on PP that I could find and it seems that no one actually is 100% certain what is going on. All I seem to hear is conflicting ideas about rakeback, especially regarding the sit n go's. Is there any one who can say for certain what is going on? If I have a party have account already set up without rakeback but would like to set up a new one what would be my best course of action? any help would be great, cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

The first rule of fight club is...

Try to find an affiliate you believe you can trust and ask them these questions. All anybody here knows is that Party's official stance is that no rakeback is allowed at Party Poker.

Yes, SNG fees count towards your MGR.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For whatever it may be worth, one mid-sized affiliate is currently telling its customers that Party has recently decided and is currently communicating its position on rakeback to affiliates and that they (the affiliate) expects to make an offer to its players Tuesday (tomorrow) in line with the new policy. If this isn't smoke (if it is, I hope and trust that someone here will point it out), it sounds like Party has indeed given the green light to rakeback like the OP says.

At the same time, I don't see the harm in waiting a few days/weeks for things to settle down.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the interest of completeness, I should add that Tuesday has now passed and my affiliate hasn't made an offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the offer came today, and it's pretty innovative, I'll have to admit, but I have my doubts whether it will fly with most players. For myself, I'd rather have just plain rakeback.

Since my affiliate is an advertiser here and since their email actually asked me to help spread the word, I guess it will be okay to describe what they are proposing.

What they are proposing is to return 75% of their commission to their players - but since they can't pay rakeback, they are doing it in the form of prizes like freeroll tourneys and free WSOP seats. So, in essence, their players on average will receive the equivalent of 20-25% rakeback (I don't know what their commission rate is, I guess somewhere around 30%), but individually some will get much more and most will less. In other words, very high variance. I think most players like myself look to the rakeback to reduce variance, not increase it. Still, if the prizes are in the form of tournament winnings, I guess you could argue that the really good players will get more than normal rakeback.

Supposedly this deal was discussed with Party officials and blessed by them.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a response I got from one of my affiliates on the subject of Party RB:

PartyPoker has taken a firm position against rakeback. There are smaller
offline affiliates who are offering PartyPoker rakeback under the table.

But we are simply too high profile to be able to administer such a program.

Our credibility and reputation would be unduly risked if PartyPoker were to

not pay us on such accounts because of a violation of their non-rakeback

policy.

Since we are not currently able to accommodate you, there are two offline

affiliates in particular that we know several of our largest customers are
using. I would suggest simply contacting them directly:
XXXXXXX or XXXXX. We don't have any
details on either of their offers and obviously whatever arrangement you
might enter into with either of them is not guaranteed by AFFILIATEXXX.

If PartyPoker's policy on rakeback changes in the future we will obviousl
make it available immediately.
Good luck at the tables

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna bet these "other" affiliates are sub affiliates? Or probably just alter egos of your affiliate.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:31 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
For whatever it may be worth, one mid-sized affiliate is currently telling its customers that Party has recently decided and is currently communicating its position on rakeback to affiliates and that they (the affiliate) expects to make an offer to its players Tuesday (tomorrow) in line with the new policy. If this isn't smoke (if it is, I hope and trust that someone here will point it out), it sounds like Party has indeed given the green light to rakeback like the OP says.

At the same time, I don't see the harm in waiting a few days/weeks for things to settle down.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the interest of completeness, I should add that Tuesday has now passed and my affiliate hasn't made an offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the offer came today, and it's pretty innovative, I'll have to admit, but I have my doubts whether it will fly with most players. For myself, I'd rather have just plain rakeback.

Since my affiliate is an advertiser here and since their email actually asked me to help spread the word, I guess it will be okay to describe what they are proposing.

What they are proposing is to return 75% of their commission to their players - but since they can't pay rakeback, they are doing it in the form of prizes like freeroll tourneys and free WSOP seats. So, in essence, their players on average will receive the equivalent of 20-25% rakeback (I don't know what their commission rate is, I guess somewhere around 30%), but individually some will get much more and most will less. In other words, very high variance. I think most players like myself look to the rakeback to reduce variance, not increase it. Still, if the prizes are in the form of tournament winnings, I guess you could argue that the really good players will get more than normal rakeback.

Supposedly this deal was discussed with Party officials and blessed by them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, this sucks [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 03:58 PM

If true, the affiliate should just run a tournament with only slight differences in a prize structure that should pay every place.

-Michael
Old 10-28-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If true, the affiliate should just run a tournament with only slight differences in a prize structure that should pay every place.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this is that the players who generate less MGR will be rewarded the same as the players who generate more. Though I guess that their could be several different tournaments for different "tiers" of MGR production.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:01 PM

That doesn't sound sooo bad. Something is better than nothing, and if party is OK with it, it shouldn't get shut down.