Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2004, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Game 3

I think we're all underselling Indiana. 61-21 and a dynamite record against the west. And one would think they'll have an easier road to hoe than whoever survives in the west. Of course, that could be a disadvantage too.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:24 PM

Steve was both fun and frustrating to watch. He could be so much better if he just played with more control and sense of calm and passed the damn ball a few more times, he made mistakes that in a closer game may have caused the Rockets a win. That said he made some great moves and plays in the last 2 minutes that were enjoyable. Jackson also had a good game.

The Lakers were still in the game late. Shaq's freethrow shooting was ghastly. Things will heat up for game 4 - hopefully there will be some fighting. A series isn't really a series until some punches are thrown.

-Zeno

PS - I already pointed out the Indiana 'thang'. You are behind the ball on this one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2004, 01:53 PM

I think Indiana is a good team and they or Detroit are both capable of putting on a strong showing should they make it to the Finals. One thing to keep in mind about Indiana's "dynamite record against the West" though is that it's largely based on dominating the lower echelon out West. Indiana is 3-5 against Minny, SA, LA, and Sacto, 6-2 against the lower four playoff teams, and an astounding 11-1 against non-playoff Western conf. teams.

I think the key for Indiana is Artest and the way he can disrupt the other team's offense. Because of this I think the Pacers would match up real well against the Wolves, a team that feeds off Spree more than many might realize. The same goes for the Lakers and Kobe. The Spurs are the worst matchup for the Pacers since so little of their offense relies on a scoring wing that Artest could shutdown... although Ginobli has been coming on for them.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Game 4

I feel sick after today's game. The Rocket's played a hell of a game. Too bad the ref's had to call ticky tack fouls on Yao all game long. Yao can be standing perfectly still with his hands straight up in the air and if O'Neal jumps into him even a little bit, it's called a foul.
Rocket's played great but a costly turnover (which should have been called a kick ball), a nice drive and lay in by Kobe, and a screw job by the refs gave the Lakers the win.

Even if we lose the next one, I think the Rockets have sent a message to the league in this series. Watch out for them in years to come.