Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Pusing The Turn

I do the same and take a free showdown.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I'm now thinking checking the turn is th best play. I'd probably showdown if a K or T falls on the river since I could see him betting with a baby pair. If he doesn't than I learn a little more about his postflop play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we are mostly betting the turn not because we want a small pair to fold, but because we don't want him to steal the pot from us on the river with nothing (and most of the time he'll have nothing). You can check the turn if you are planning on calling the river bet UI.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:08 PM

I like the line of betting the turn, (folding to his c/r if that comes) and checking behind UI on the river for a freebie.

bill
Old 12-29-2005, 03:04 PM

i like it, id bet here and check behind on the river, i mean from the description, id think this guy probably peels the flop with less than a pair

if you dont think he would then his only hand he could be on is a spade draw, if he had a straight draw he probably just hit a pair on the turn, so checking would probably be right

i usually am betting here heads up against most opponents though, i think you have the best hand here pretty often and dont want to give a free card to a 6 outter or give a free pot to a river bluff

the only times id really check here are if the guys a notorious turn c/r bluffer and then i might even call a river bet UI after checking behind on the turn, or if hes the type that isnt ever peeling the flop with something you beat or something, but id bet here
Old 12-29-2005, 08:28 PM

I got Checkraised and folded. With the hands BB will defend with its not uncommon for him to have a wheel here. But it also wouldn't have been uncommon for him to have a weak draw with no pairs.