Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: tough 55 hand

[ QUOTE ]
this isn't the board that you want when you call the PF reraise. i'd probably check behind the turn and see what happens on the river. value bet, if checked to. call if bet at.

you don't have to play monster pots with every set you hit when it's probable that you're behind. the check on the flop after the reraise is almost always top set. AA and AK bet this flop 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-28-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn there are two flush draws on the board, if he had a set would he really check and min-raise, risking giving such a cheap draw at it !? Maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

People don't think about odds. They think, "Hey, I have a monster, I don't want to chase anyone out, so I'll minraise"
Old 12-28-2005, 02:45 PM

I think your line is ok. I think its an easy fold on the river as only a complete and utter donk plays AA or AK this way.

The only improvement in the line would be to check behind on turn. I know no hands that reraise preflop to 10 BB and checks that board twice that you're beating. So a check on the turn allows some1 just playing back at you preflop to bluff on the river and most importantly to minimise your losses vs KK/QQ.

I think the massive bet on river might be him putting you on the flush, just hit it and he might think that you won't be able to get away from it