Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 01:37 AM

Default I might have to stab ......

the bitch at McDonald's, as I was ordering, it took her like 7 minutes to comprehend i wanted a [censored] #1 with a coke !!!! no i do not want barbecue sauce nor did i order chicken mcfuckin nuggets. Anyone else ever want to beat the hell outta a fast food employee?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: I might have to stab ......

[ QUOTE ]
the bitch at McDonald's, as I was ordering, it took her like 7 minutes to comprehend i wanted a [censored] #1 with a coke !!!! no i do not want barbecue sauce nor did i order chicken mcfuckin nuggets. Anyone else ever want to beat the hell outta a fast food employee?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I've eaten so many Big Macs, I'm now too fat to climb over the counter.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:39 AM

wrong forum
Old 12-21-2005, 01:42 AM

I'm sure a #1 with your coke is exactly what you got [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 01:55 AM

Yeah I get this all the time. It seems often the cashiers stop listening as soon as they can and start going through their mental checklist of things they're supposed to do -- do you want to supersize it, do you want extra cheese, for here or to go, would you like to try our new X, whatever.

They just completely shut down so they can start up their scripts. And they're not bright enough to handle varying from the scripts at all. They aren't listening for anything but the answer to their question and probably don't really give a damn what you're saying. They're on auto-pilot the whole shift.

I have had some of the stupidest encounters with staff imaginable at fast food joints, over the simplest thing, and they aren't infrequent. I'm like the poster boy for politeness, but still it sometimes really grates on my nerves. Talking to someone who's not listening is one of the stupidest experiences on earth.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They're on auto-pilot the whole shift.

[/ QUOTE ]

they work at McDonalds. I think it's impressive that they are motivated enough to be on auto-pilot and not in shut down mode.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:03 AM

Try ordering a double cheeseburger with 6 patties when you are high as [censored]. Very very difficult. I tried to tell the d00d working (his name is Greg) that this sandwich is officially called the Triple Double. He didn't remember.

I'm glad I don't work at McDonalds
Old 12-21-2005, 02:13 AM

the worst dining experience ive ever had was at a Wendy's near campus. Getting the food was fine but when we sat down to eat, we couldn't help overhear a convo a group of employees on break were having. A guy in a Wendy's shirt and Wendy's jacket was talking loudly about a rash that he had on his back and everytime he scratched it, yellow and green goo would come out, and he talked about how it spread all over. the worst part was that he actually took off his shirt to show his white trash colleagues (sp?), and i almost threw up. Then the guy talked about how he was aspiring to become a theological anthropologist. WTF !! seriously, i wanted to kill him or tell him i hope his rash was terminally ill cancer
Old 12-21-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They're on auto-pilot the whole shift.

[/ QUOTE ]

they work at McDonalds. I think it's impressive that they are motivated enough to be on auto-pilot and not in shut down mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree except that I think it's essentially the same thing.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the worst dining experience ive ever had was at a Wendy's near campus. Getting the food was fine but when we sat down to eat, we couldn't help overhear a convo a group of employees on break were having. A guy in a Wendy's shirt and Wendy's jacket was talking loudly about a rash that he had on his back and everytime he scratched it, yellow and green goo would come out, and he talked about how it spread all over. the worst part was that he actually took off his shirt to show his white trash colleagues (sp?), and i almost threw up. Then the guy talked about how he was aspiring to become a theological anthropologist. WTF !! seriously, i wanted to kill him or tell him i hope his rash was terminally ill cancer

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL damn that sounds gross and miserable.