Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Can\'t stop the spew.

Playing nanos right now since I'm just keeping my brain occupied while doing other mind-numbing tasks. I've been fairly cold decked for the session and haven't won a showdown in 30 hands here, but that of course doesn't matter.

Guy on my immediate left (MP3) has 3bet me preflop with 66, has spent the last 45 minutes talking with some other guy about bass fishing and won't shut the hell up. Villain is a bit fishier than most fish, around 60/0/.6 over only 30 hands.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...

You know that continuation bet thingy? I suck at it, yeah. It's a good thing Hold 'Em isn't a 50 street game or I'd be broke. Where do I give it up here? Also, is the raise here good with an early poster, despite the somewhat loose 3-better yet to act?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Can\'t stop the spew.

I like the pre-flop play but that flop obviosly sucks for you.

Flop bet, okay.

The turn is a tricky dick. If the CO is loose and awful you might have a ten-outer, or you might actually be winning. Still, I think the chances of being ahead here are remote.

I think that last part swings this to a check for me. I'm guessing this guy might check the turn through w/ a 4 or a hand like 66, which would be nice, but if he bets you're going to have to play poker.

I would likely fold against this guy because if he does bet I'd say you only have 4-outs.

Don't put any more money in on the river. He'll never fold a worse hand, and he won't bluff bet a missed gut-shot, so you'll win anyway.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:58 AM

Here's another hand just now, same table. Not too many hands on the villain (read: ten), but he also won't shut up about bass fishing. The preflop is a tad loose but I think it's okay 8 handed. Obviously I was going for a c/r on the flop and whiffed--would betting out for proteciton and hoping the PFR raises a better plan, or just go for value? Where do you slow down?

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB
Old 12-20-2005, 04:01 AM

check call the river. he usually either has QQ, 99, or a slowplayed AA/KK/AQ when he caps the turn, and the turn improves AA/AQ to beat us.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:05 AM

I don't think I've ever seen anyone raise preflop then check the flop w/ AA/KK as a slowplay. Unimproved at any rate.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I've ever seen anyone raise preflop then check the flop w/ AA/KK as a slowplay.

[/ QUOTE ]
weird
Old 12-20-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I've ever seen anyone raise preflop then check the flop w/ AA/KK as a slowplay. Unimproved at any rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first guess would be QQ.
Second, 99.
Third, KK.
Fourth, AA.

I would also like to bet/3-bet this flop, or maybe stop and go.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:37 AM

hand #1: after he calls the flop bet, in this small pot, i usually check/fold the turn UI. at best you have ~5.5 outs discounting the K for the times he has some weak Ace.

hand #2: no way i'm leading that river and if i am it is to fold to a raise. he's gone nuts after checking the flop? looks like QQ, but on the river you're only ahead of KK, so i just check/call at best though check/folding has crossed my mind.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:33 PM

Results:

Hand 1 I bet the river like a moron and was called by Queen Crap. Deserved that one.

Hand 2 the guy had...55. That's what I get for not protecting my hand am i rite

Raising low pocket pairs was a common thing last night for all the folk who were chatting about bass fishing for some reason. Pity the guy left soon after so I couldn't get my money back. Finished well ahead at the table anyway, but it's .10/.20 so who cares [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 02:27 PM

Second hand you were doomed from the deal. Villian raised with a low pp pre flop and probably isn't going away for 17:1 odds if you bet out.