Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 09:17 PM

Default I hate to do it but should I fold the river?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Havent played for 2-3 months and I jumped right into $3-6 (used to play $1-2/3-6). Probably a bad idea. Think I should go to $1/2 or $2/4 on stars first.

Anyway, I am guessing I should check/call the river. Dont think a bet has much value and may get a free showdwon if its checked behind. Just needed to know [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: I hate to do it but should I fold the river?

You only have to be against a worse 2 pair 1/9 of the time to be OK calling. I'd call and like it.

He would've had to call with a bare K on that flop then again on the turn. Even if you pay off his raise, his play was seriously -EV. Pay off his raise and encourage him to call while drawing to runner runner outs in the future.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, I am guessing I should check/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] bet/call is the way to go. You'll get called by worse hands that will check through and he'll have 2 pair or some other junk after the raise enough to call.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:07 AM

bet call bro. never think of folding here. Except against someone who has never raised over 1000 hands.