Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 06:14 PM

Default AJo against a TA-A player?

This is from Bet365, so here's a ghetto conversion:

Bet365 $1/$2 LHE
Hero is SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop:
5 folds, Villain raises, 2 folds, Hero calls, BB calls. (6 SB)
Yes, I know I should have folded.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BB checks, Villain bets, Hero raises, BB folds, Villain calls. (5 BB)

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain checks. (5 BB)

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain checks. (5 BB)

Villain is a TA-A player. Seen him for 128 hands, 11.72 VP$IP, 6.25 PFR, 1.27 AF.
BB is a fish.

Did I play this hand too passively after the flop? I'm still trying to learn who to bet into and such and to get a good feel for the different playing styles out there. I was thinking he was going to call the flop, then check-raise me on the turn. When I checked to him on the turn, I thought... ok I ruined his plan, but he didn't bet into me. After the fact, I probably should have tried to put him on a hand here: 88-TT, AT+? This a good range? So I probably should have bet the river. Too passive or what?

Maybe a helpful suggestion too would be to give me some links on what hand ranges certain players might call/raise with preflop. I do want to start taking into account people's tendencies and start trying to actively put people on ranges of hands. I want to take my game to the next level. I know what a TA player plays, being one myself currently. This request is separate from the hand posted.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: AJo against a TA-A player?

You are right about the preflop fold.

As played, I love the flop c/r, but have no idea why you slowed down on the rest of the streets.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:21 PM

Fold PF, but you know that.

I would check the turn as well, but bet the river. After he checks behind on the turn, you can be almost certain he doesn't have a K, so it looks like your hand is good.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:41 PM

*grunching*

I would have folded preflop without a read that he likes to steal. Nice check/raise on the flop. Bet the turn. If called bet the river as well.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:43 PM

You know the preflop, but if less then 80% of the resopnses don't comment on it I'll be suprised.

I wanna bet/fold the turn and the river

But bet/fold is an issue cause a thinking player who know's I'm a thinking player may take shot's on the king. Since he checked the king I think I bet/fold the river.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe a helpful suggestion too would be to give me some links on what hand ranges certain players might call/raise with preflop. I do want to start taking into account people's tendencies and start trying to actively put people on ranges of hands. I want to take my game to the next level. I know what a TA player plays, being one myself currently. This request is separate from the hand posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see this as well. As a matter of fact I was gonna do it myself (maybe when I get home from work I'll do it).