Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-16-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Coming out of the shadows?

I just wanted so see if I could start a thread about the merits of revealing one's screen name. For a while it was like I didn't want someone to know who I was unless I knew who they were, but I'm seeing so many regulars over and over that it's not like I'm a complete mystery to them anyway.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Coming out of the shadows?

Less they know the better. I barely tell anyone.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:28 PM

Same here.. and I like it to stay that way [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 03:03 PM

There was a post by yugo, then I resfreshed and it had disappeared? Am I going crazy now?

To be on topic, I don't see why it would be good if everybody knew my party sn.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:09 PM

Well there was one where we all posted our now defunct ones from MultiPoker, Eurobet etc. I don't care if anyone knows those - especially as I was playing the $11-33 then anyway so I bet nobody would even have a clue. I had some great Empire ones that never saw the light of day. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted so see if I could start a thread about the merits of revealing one's screen name. For a while it was like I didn't want someone to know who I was unless I knew who they were, but I'm seeing so many regulars over and over that it's not like I'm a complete mystery to them anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play as "SkipperBob"; I want 2+2'er's to be there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]They Stink On Ice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 03:15 PM

It's not that it would help, but maybe it wouldn't make any difference and it's not really worth going to any trouble to protect.

It seems like most of the big $215ers here don't protect their screen names and maybe this is because they see the same people so many times it doesn't really matter.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not that it would help, but maybe it wouldn't make any difference and it's not really worth going to any trouble to protect.

It seems like most of the big $215ers here don't protect their screen names and maybe this is because they see the same people so many times it doesn't really matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the higher-limit players would rather know who each other are so they can avoid each other. Selective tabling is VERY important in $215's.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the higher-limit players would rather know who each other are so they can avoid each other. Selective tabling is VERY important in $215's.

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly helps, and helps one's earn %, but if you're playing 8-10 tables at once in sets, it's kind of hard to do. Of course, by people knowing who you are (or at least knowing you're a winning player), some "selective tablers" you want to avoid may just avoid you at times, helping your own lazy arse and your earn % a tad...so even if you don't selectively table yourself, people knowing you may help you a bit.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:43 PM

I don't really care if people know who I am. I'm still playing the 33s though. Barely moving into the 55s. I suppose it did hurt me that one time johnnybeef made me close my pushing range by telling me he would call with any 2. In my defense, I had seen him call with trash before so I did have reason to believe him.