Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-12-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Interesting rebuy/deep stack-ish AA hand

Paradise 30r, 25/50 (during the rebuy). I'm the current chip leader in this thing with 15K or so and have been mixing up my game a lot (shown down 4-5 hands and never played one the same way twice) without rebuying more than once.

I pick up AA in MP and raise to 200 after a limper. A pretty good player in the SB with 8500 (whose name I recognize, and I assume he knows me) calls, the BB with 6K (another good player and probably one of the best site regulars) calls, and the limper with 3400 overcalls. (pot=800)

The flop comes 853, 2 clubs (I have the Ac.) It's checked to me and I bet 600. The SB thinks a long time (and I mean a long time) and calls. The BB folds and the limper overcalls.

The turn is a T of something or other. It's checked to me again. I check.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Interesting rebuy/deep stack-ish AA hand

I don't know. I think I understand your reasoning--You want to minimize your losses against a set and get extra money in off of busted draws/worse pairs. However, I think that leading betting here gives you a pretty easy decision on the river if one or both of them call.

Were you worried about getting raised here?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:25 PM

I assume your logic here is:

-It is unlikely that the flop hit any of the villains.
-If that's true, you've got the villains drawing to two or three outs. (Unless someone hit a set.)
-Check here to represent AK shutting down, and snap off a bluff or a call of your river "stab"?

Makes sense to me. But I'm a big fan of the bet-check-bet line.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-If that's true, you've got the villains drawing to two or three outs. (Unless someone hit a set.)

[/ QUOTE ]

He got two calls on a flop of 58x with two clubs. At least one of them has at least 5 outs, and a very big percent of the time at least one of them has at least 8 outs.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:03 AM

no, hes trying to extract maximum,but i think this is bad play in a rebuy. DONKS and NONdonks will play any cards imaginable, so any hand is possible and any draw is possible. I hope it worked.