Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Crying call?

Villain is 26/9/2.5

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (8.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero....?

Final Pot: 12.70 BB
Old 12-09-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Crying call?

Is folding even crossing your mind here? I would hope not. I think I'd call this with 3-betting a close second. You don't want to get 3 bet from a full house, but you have the best hand that is not a full house, in the nut flush. Put your money in the pot here though.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:49 PM

I happily call. Folding shouldn't cross your mind. There are villains that I would 3-bet here.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is folding even crossing your mind here? I would hope not. I think I'd call this with 3-betting a close second. You don't want to get 3 bet from a full house, but you have the best hand that is not a full house, in the nut flush. Put your money in the pot here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I showed a lot of strenth by check raising the third spade on the turn on this coordinated board. What is villain raising here that doesn't beat me?
Old 12-09-2005, 05:54 PM

I would have probably bet the flop, but as far as the river...

I say 3 bet, but you should at least call. Folding is horrible.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:57 PM

Folding here would be horrible. A 3-bet here wouldnt be bad either depending on how aggressive the villian is. Is he 3-betting preflop with AJ? It doesnt seem like he would given his stats. That leaves AA, TT, and QxQs. How aggressive has he been on the turn? How aggressive has he been on the river? Does he raise non-nut hands on the river? I wouldnt be a shock to see QxQs here.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I showed a lot of strenth by check raising the third spade on the turn on this coordinated board. What is villain raising here that doesn't beat me?

[/ QUOTE ]

QxQs.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have probably bet the flop, but as far as the river...

I say 3 bet, but you should at least call. Folding is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely should have played the flop faster.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:02 PM

yes, you have to call here. He might have a Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (if he 3-bet preflop with QQ).
Old 12-09-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QQ, Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or AQ, Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].