Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Ahhhhh . . .

20/40+ has been rocking me lately and so last night I stepped down to some VERY passive late-night 10/20 SH tables. I was playing like crap. Didn't matter. Only meant that my true earn rate for the tables was 5BB/100 instead of 8BB/100 like it should have been. (rory, if you're reading this -- d'oh!)

Example hand:

I raise in the UTG with K8s. I can raise here with any two and have it be +EV given how easy it is to read everyone after the flop. Idiot coldcaller (calling with anything that a 60VPIP guy would limp with), fold fold BB calls because no one has stolen a blind on this table in the last 984923482 hands.

Flop is AT9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I have hearts. Ick. Check, what the hell I'll bet, idiot calls, BB folds. Ah, well I tried.

Turn is a blank. I check because this guy could just as easily have a piece as not. He checks.
River is a blank. There's no way he's folding anything that's beating me. Check. I resolve to fold if this guy actually bets. But he checks.

He flips 76o, no club. MHIG.

It was a good night.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Ahhhhh . . .

Where were you playing this again?

I want in.