Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: You are in MP2 with 77, UTG+1 limps, folds round to you who..
raise 18 18.37%
limp 79 80.61%
fold 1 1.02%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Worst Movie, like ever?

Whiskey,

I do see why. This was certainly my pick.

I don't even think it's close...Maybe I should have called this thread: "Vote for Battlefield Earth and flame me." [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It's also funny when people say, "Hey I like that movie, it CAN'T be teh worst eva!1!" I like some crap myself (I wouldn't even have considered Meet the Feebles as a Bad Movie, but now that I think about it, it probably is!)...

Regards,

--GA
Old 12-05-2005, 12:03 PM

Your list is just unreal terrible. Requiem for a Dream is a [censored] amazing movie.
Let me give you a hand:

Baby Geniuses
Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2
Highlander 2: The Quickening
Dunston Checks In
Old 12-05-2005, 12:05 PM

What the hell?

How about:

Manos: Hands of fate <-- Plain horrible
Future War
The In Crowd
Paranoid
Mission to Mars
Old 12-05-2005, 12:08 PM

I was doing some research, and I found this review of Baby Geniuses:

Review

"Everything about it is completely unforgivable; it is an abhorrence to the mind, the heart, the eyes, and to the desire of manipulating the nature of humanity. It's stupid, unfunny, piteous, sloppy, and designed to appeal to an audience that doesn't even exist. There are points when the maniacal script takes so many ridiculous and crummy turns that it wallows in self-pity and expects us not to care. It has the notion that, even if babies cannot be this smart in reality, we will always be the stupid ones. Even though time has proven that no infant has the intelligence of the average human in adulthood, one thing is definitely undeniable here: the people who made "Baby Geniuses" have the IQ of Gerber food...This is absolute cinematic torture; a maniacal insult to the foundation that humanity is made upon, and to the gods who created it all those millenniums ago. To say that I detested every loathsome second of it would be an understatement."
Old 12-05-2005, 12:09 PM

ZJ:

[ QUOTE ]
Highlander 2: The Quickening

[/ QUOTE ]

NH, I really should have thought of that. Took a decent premise and pooped on it until it crawled away sobbing...

Requiem is really popular here, huh? I've heard it discussed often as a candidate (along with Magnolia and American Beauty) as most overrated movie of the last decade or so, but I'm pretty ambivalent about it. I don't like it, but its listing was mostly a joke.

Mea culpa.
--GA
Old 12-05-2005, 12:10 PM

Beverly Hills Cop III. Uncomfortably bad.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was doing some research, and I found this review of Baby Geniuses:

Review

"Everything about it is completely unforgivable; it is an abhorrence to the mind, the heart, the eyes, and to the desire of manipulating the nature of humanity. It's stupid, unfunny, piteous, sloppy, and designed to appeal to an audience that doesn't even exist. There are points when the maniacal script takes so many ridiculous and crummy turns that it wallows in self-pity and expects us not to care. It has the notion that, even if babies cannot be this smart in reality, we will always be the stupid ones. Even though time has proven that no infant has the intelligence of the average human in adulthood, one thing is definitely undeniable here: the people who made "Baby Geniuses" have the IQ of Gerber food...This is absolute cinematic torture; a maniacal insult to the foundation that humanity is made upon, and to the gods who created it all those millenniums ago. To say that I detested every loathsome second of it would be an understatement."

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost want to see it now, just because this review makes me think that it's MST3Kable.

Also, to the OP, if you're going to put movies like Day After Tomorrow on there, how is it possible that "The Core" isn't there?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:11 PM

8 Heads in a duffle bag, baby geniuses 2, gigli? Why would anyone even think to watch these movies?

I nominate them for the 'worst video renter of all time' poll.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:12 PM

Witness needs to be on this list. Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis in Amish country.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:13 PM

Torque