Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Showing Down with Ace High

I'm wondering if there is any way to filter your stats to see how many times you went to showdown with Ace high and how many times you won with it? I think I'm getting to showdown too often with it, but im not exactly sure. Usually ill call down with Ace high on a draw heavy boad HU against an aggro opponent. Is this a decent strategy? Any other times Ishould be getting to showdown often with Ace high?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Dreaded stats request . . . 20/40+. Going to showdown.

[ QUOTE ]
i do not understand how you guys can go to SD so freaking much. wanna show some examples of hands that you take to showdown that you think i and others down at like 34 maybe dont?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah seriously, I'm at like 32. I think I suck at poker.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:54 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
i do not understand how you guys can go to SD so freaking much. wanna show some examples of hands that you take to showdown that you think i and others down at like 34 maybe dont?

[/ QUOTE ]

i win a lot with A high and a bit with K and Q high. that could be it. i also sacrifice value sometimes with a hand that might be best in order to dodge a checkraise that would make me fold
Old 11-30-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i also sacrifice value sometimes with a hand that might be best in order to dodge a checkraise that would make me fold

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

When I've been folding a lot to turn check-raises, I start feeling paranoid. When I start feeling paranoid, I start tilting. When I start tilting...
Old 11-30-2005, 08:14 PM

I hardly have any 20 hands in my database, but for 30/60+ filtered for 6-handed or less, I have:

Went to Showdown: 38.46

Won at Showdown: 56.14

Won $ WSF: 45.94
Old 11-30-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i also sacrifice value sometimes with a hand that might be best in order to dodge a checkraise that would make me fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is key, as long as you don't give up too much value. I feel in the aggro games that virtually all 15/30+ 6 max games are making it to a showdown as much as reasonably possible is a main factor in doing well.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:33 PM

This stat isnīt really one of the good ones to compare as itīs dependant of other stats.

The tighther you play preflop, the more you should go to showdown in theory, as you have better cards.
The number of players after the flop will also influence the number, but one might think that it would be close enough to compare if people are playing the same games and it probably would if they played the same stiles.

You will naturally get to showdown more when you have position and the initiative, so opening alot outside the blinds should push this number up, while defending alot(multiway particlarly) should bring it down. 94s just doesnīt flop that well very often.

There are probably other factors aswell, but Iīd say those are the most important ones.

If I had to give you a meaningfull reply, then Iīd say that you are definetly running bad, 35/45 really isnīt longterm for anyone in my experience.

If you wanna improve, then look at your play instead, do you get as much money in when ahead as you can and lose the least when behind ?
Do you bluff/semibluff enough ?

If you insist on comparing this number, then find someone with similar other preflop stats to compare with.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Some stats. I may very well be a moron.

Average number of people per table is about 5, but the 20/40 and 30/60 stuff VPIPs are skewed in that there are a lot more hands at a full table and 4 handed. I'm generally playing about 29/19 at a 6-handed table, 33/21 at a 5-handed table, and 44/30 at a 4-handed table, regardless of limit.

I'm winning when I see a flop almost 50% of the time, making me think that I can't blame the whole thing on running bad. (I know I was bitching about 20/40, and a rate of 1.7BB/100 doesn't seem bad, but most of the money won there was two or three months ago. Last 12k hands or so have been crap.)

Looking at these it does become clear to me that it might be time to tighten up a little preflop . . . at least, for a little while. Duh. Maybe this is just my lagginess catching up with me?

I wish there was a way to just show stats for 5-6 handed . . .

PS 45/30 at a 4-handed table? WTF am I doing?!

I think I found my goddamn leak.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:50 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Some stats. I may very well be a moron.

i say come back in the middle of december because you are almost certainly just running bad. its such an aggro game and you play very aggro, so theres tons of variance. your winrate is good overall. its unlikely you forgot how to play well.

btw im around 37/27 4-handed. i dont know whats normal
Old 12-01-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Some stats. I may very well be a moron.

omg you run so bad. i feel soooo sorry for you.

actually, you proly just arent very good. i think you should give up.