Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 11-23-2005, 05:33 PM

Default JJ, Button, Level 2, $55 with horrible flop, and even worse turn

(This is actually the hand before the AQo one).

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 2 - 7 players (Converter: PGC)

BB is 0/0/- (1)

Chip Counts:
<font color="red">Hero: 930 Chips</font>
SB: 2830 Chips
BB: 1995 Chips
UTG: 1305 Chips
UTG+1: 895 Chips
MP1: 1115 Chips
CO: 930 Chips

Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Blinds are 15/30

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES ($120)</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>

(2 players) FLOP: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 255 Chips )
<font color="green">BB checks</font>, <font color="green">Hero checks</font>

(2 players) TURN: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 255 Chips )
<font color="red">BB BETS ($60)</font>, <font color="green">Hero ...</font>
Old 11-23-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: JJ, Button, Level 2, $55 with horrible flop, and even worse turn

Vomit.

Fold. 1/3 pot bet on the turn seems too unlikely from a low PP with a board like that... I'm confident he hit some piece of it.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:59 PM

Why no continuation bet on the flop?

I'd probably have bet 150-200 on the flop, then re-evaulated on the turn.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:01 PM

Well because he will fold any hand I have smashed and raise any hand that has me beat. Plus if he's clever (and he seemed pretty decent for a $55er) he may even raise with junk. I mean, what would I bet there? It's HU so I could care less about the flush draw. Maybe I would with AQ but it'd be rare to.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:26 AM

I called in the actual hand, but I think folding is probably better, because having shown no strength he can move me off the river with anything (if he's any good). Thankfully in this hand, he wasn't, he checked the river and I checked behind. He had TT.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(This is actually the hand before the AQo one).

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 2 - 7 players (Converter: PGC)

BB is 0/0/- (1)

Chip Counts:
<font color="red">Hero: 930 Chips</font>
SB: 2830 Chips
BB: 1995 Chips
UTG: 1305 Chips
UTG+1: 895 Chips
MP1: 1115 Chips
CO: 930 Chips

Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Blinds are 15/30

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES ($120)</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>

(2 players) FLOP: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 255 Chips )
<font color="green">BB checks</font>, <font color="green">Hero bets 150-175</font>

If he calls you check fold the turn but you will pick up the pot often enough here you were the preflop raiser it isnt unconceivable you have an A afterall
Old 11-24-2005, 06:46 AM

Yeah, bet is possible, but the thing is, as I say I wouldn't bet anything there bar maybe AQ really, so he can raise me off the hand with loads, and I'm left with no clue where I am.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:49 AM

Are you gaining any information about where you are at by checking? Why wouldnt you bet AK here flopping top 2 pair on a well cordinated board isnt exactly a monster flop for you. Sure you are probably 95% to have the best hand but I wouldnt dare give a free card with 2 pair or any ace here and im certianly not giving it with my underpair. If he has the guts to move over me when I raised preflop on this board he can have the pot he deserves it.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:51 AM

Well cos it's HU and it's unlikely he called that preflop raise with just suited connectors. Possible, but not likely. He wasn't a donk, actually seemed quite a good player, for a $55er.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:10 AM

Ask yourself this is he more likely to try and put a move on you if you show strength preflop and on the flop, or If you only show strength preflop and then check behind on the flop. You sound like you are so worried that he is going to bluff you off of your hand that you are afraid to bet it but in not betting it he is only more likely to bluff you off it.