Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Big pot with TT on QQ board.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this line is pretty much perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that quote is pretty much tainted. i still see Q-rag calling this. i would've checked behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I may be completely baffled by the river bet, I can say with some degree of certainty that he was not trying to bluff this guy off of the top boat with a 1/3 pot bet.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this line is pretty much perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that quote is pretty much tainted. i still see Q-rag calling this. i would've checked behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I may be completely baffled by the river bet, I can say with some degree of certainty that he was not trying to bluff this guy off of the top boat with a 1/3 pot bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never said hero was trying to bluff villain out of the hand, i'm just saying why the hell wouldn't you check behind?? you close the action.

i'm really only seeing better hands calling you.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Wow, really? Do you mean the players at these stakes are hyper-aggressive or something, ie. he's bluffing on the flop and turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker player's are substantially worse then you're giving them credit for.

Also I like the play. When he checks to you on the river I doubt he does that with a Q.

I would not be surprised to see him have unimproved ace high here, but I don't think he calls with less then KK based on the size of the bet vs the size of the pot. But then again I STRONGLY doubt he would just flat call PF with KK-AA

Edit: When I reread the betting I really think he was just playing back at xorbie's "Continuation Bet" with either a small pair or AJ/AK. And the turn bet was trying to get him to lay it down... it failed... so he checked.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i still see Q-rag calling this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that the board is QQ227? Q-rag makes a boat just like AQ. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($210.85)
UTG ($61.55)
Hero ($219.11)
Button ($90.55)
SB ($297.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($16) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $45</font>, Hero calls $30.

Turn: ($106) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $75</font>, Hero calls $75.

River: ($256) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero pushes...

Villain is 22/22 over 40 or so hands. He once minraised preflop on the button and I raised him back and he folded. Seems decent but agressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too am baffled by the river push. I guess AA/KK/JJ will fold, but I don't see him having these often and all other better hands will call because they are now boats. This will certainly fold out any worse hands that villain might have. I am confused. If you want calls from worse hands, why push? This is why I don't play 6-max.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, I usually three bet this flop just because I don't like people screwing around against my continuation bets. In a vacuum, I like your line best.

[/ QUOTE ]

YUCK!
Old 11-22-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What hands make a mistake against you on the river? After taking a glance at the stack sizes it's not as bad as it looks at first, but I still don't get it. Normally you bluff if you can't win by checking... representing a hand that's just a little bit better than what you actually hold is a recipe for making -EV bets. Did you actually expect him to call with something worse? Or you were making this (small?!) bet to somehow move him off of exactly AA/KK/JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet is $80, pot is $250... you don't think 88 or 99 can find a call here? I think I am behind after this action just about never.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i never said hero was trying to bluff villain out of the hand, i'm just saying why the hell wouldn't you check behind?? you close the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Value bet, image play. Again I'm not all that concerned about having the worse hand. As it turns out, villain says "you have the Q huh" and folds, I say "no", he says "wow", I say "I think I was good unless you had JJ", he says "A high".
Old 11-22-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($210.85)
UTG ($61.55)
Hero ($219.11)
Button ($90.55)
SB ($297.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($16) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $45</font>, Hero calls $30.

Turn: ($106) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $75</font>, Hero calls $75.

River: ($256) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero pushes...

Villain is 22/22 over 40 or so hands. He once minraised preflop on the button and I raised him back and he folded. Seems decent but agressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too am baffled by the river push. I guess AA/KK/JJ will fold, but I don't see him having these often and all other better hands will call because they are now boats. This will certainly fold out any worse hands that villain might have. I am confused. If you want calls from worse hands, why push? This is why I don't play 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

As always, just ignore me. The push is for $80. I now understand what you were doing. I'm not sure I agree, but I've already invalidated my opinion anyway.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As always, just ignore me. The push is for $80. I now understand what you were doing. I'm not sure I agree, but I've already invalidated my opinion anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I agree either. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]