Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 11:45 PM

Default UFC

Anyone know a good site to watch or read about the fights tonight? Other than ordering payperview.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Re: UFC

blah...little more searching around and i found a site. mma fighting forums if anyone else is interested. not sure how good but whatever im curious.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:22 PM

Bump. Anyone watch this? I heard Matt Hughes won but does anyone knwo what happened in the Franklin/Quarry fight?
Old 11-20-2005, 04:23 PM

This is taken from the website above..

Round 1

Both guys tentative to start things off. Franklin with a low kick. Qaurry goes for a high kick and slips. He gets up right away and gets nailed with a knee and a right hand. Two big punches landed by Franklin. HUGE left hook landed by Rich. Rich lands two more big shots and Quarry is reeling back. Two more HUGE punches by Rich and Quarry is out cold! BJM doesn't stop it and Rich is confused. Quarry gets back up and they're standing again.

Quarry is out on his feet and Rich lands one HUGE shot and Quarry is knocked out cold.

Rich Franklin wins by KO in round 1.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:55 PM

I'm all for being macho and what not, but fighting Rich Franklin is just stupid.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:38 PM

I watched this last night. Good UFC. Rich Franklin's KO punch was BRUTAL.

George St. Pierre was once again dominant. GSP is amazing and I think he'll defeat Matt Hughes when they fight again.

Here's a gif of Franklin knocking out Quarry:

Old 11-21-2005, 01:23 AM

Damn, thats tough to watch. That cant be healthy
Old 11-21-2005, 05:48 AM

Well duh, he shouldn't have left himself open like that. Quarry was totally out matched in this fight. It didn't look like he came in with a game plan that was going to allow him to win.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:37 PM

Did you see the fight, or just that little clip? Quarry was knocked out before that, but he landed and went to his knees/covering his head, and big john didnt stop it. Even franklin screamed to big john 'your not stopping it?' because he was gone. I bet you he was seeing 3 franklins after that first knockout
Old 11-21-2005, 05:11 PM

For future reference, www.mmaweekly.com has good stuff, and www.mma.tv is home to the UnderGround forums. Also a nice source for some good knockout gifs/vids.

Quarry didn't land a punch the entire time and was definitely outclassed by Franklin. I think all the favorites won. Riggs was easily subbed by Hughes, GSP was dominant over Sherk. Undercard fights were sort of boring, I missed the first few. The heavyweight fight was embarrassingly boring (except for the last 3 seconds); neither of those guys should ever fight in the UFC again.

Looking forward to seeing BJ Penn fight again - he handled Hughes in their last matchup so we'll see where each fighter has evolved if they get to fight again soon.