Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-15-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Have you played with me? 5/10

I've played like 30k hands at 5/10 over the last 2 months mostly while I've been in Europe. My results blow (1.1BB/100) and I'm trying to figure out why. Some of it is clearly tilt, but I should still be doing better unless I'm just running really bad. My screenames are CAP_THAT_CHIT and SmileyEH1. On the Cap screename I mess around and make fun of players so if I insulted you or pissed you off my apologies, I just get bored and tilt alot. So if you've played with me it would be cool to get a sense for how other players view me, I'd glady return the favour by PM or otherwise.

thanks,

-SmileyEH
Old 11-15-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Have you played with me? 5/10

[ QUOTE ]
I've played like 30k hands at 5/10 over the last 2 months mostly while I've been in Europe. My results blow (1.1BB/100) and I'm trying to figure out why. Some of it is clearly tilt, but I should still be doing better unless I'm just running really bad. My screenames are CAP_THAT_CHIT and SmileyEH1. On the Cap screename I mess around and make fun of players so if I insulted you or pissed you off my apologies, I just get bored and tilt alot. So if you've played with me it would be cool to get a sense for how other players view me, I'd glady return the favour by PM or otherwise.

thanks,

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you answered your own question. Tilt adds up quick at 5/10 full. Reason being is your edge is probably a lot less than you are accustomed to.

It is also harder to Lag people out of pots, because on average most of these guys are not horrible PF. SO they often catch enough of the board to justify a call down (in their minds).

Without writing an essay, you need to pick your spots better.

This seems to be a common post for a lot of people entering 5/10full. I know this is how I felt the first 60,000 hands.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My results blow (1.1BB/100) and I'm trying to figure out why

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is your answer:

I just get bored and tilt alot
Old 11-15-2005, 06:09 PM

1.1bb/100 isn't bad... and if you get bored and tilt a lot... that would easily explain where your losses are coming from. it's an issue i deal with, too... but even if someone has enough hands with you to point out a few mistakes in play... its the lapse in judgment that's likely causing you so much pain.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:17 PM

I've played with Cap_ and have some hands on you. I'll take a look at them when I'm back to my computer.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:26 PM

I've got some hands on you also. They occured at EP during one of my big downswings in which you probably were able to take advantage of. I do remember associating your name with a chatter but I can't think of anything you said that stood out. Anyhow, the majority of hands we played (about 250) were short handed. My stats have you as a 26/21/3.4. And you were 3.37BB/100. Anyway, these hands seemed to occur in late September and I can't really remember anything outside of what my numbers say so i'll leave it at that.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:37 PM

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks.

River: (7.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 8c Kc (flush, king high).
MP1 has 3c 3h (full house, threes full of tens).
Outcome: MP1 wins 16.20 BB. </font>

Here's one hand. You're MP1, i'm hero. (I didn't feel like doing the work to edit this, sorry)
Old 11-15-2005, 07:43 PM

Hehe - I had quite a chat with you today.
I was the one you advised to 3bet AJs.

Id rather you didnt put my name on here though.

Im in a similar boat to you.

0.9BB/100 after my 1st 70000 hands

Thats why Im trying to learn off people still. Maybe you are the wrong guy to learn off! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

The glaringly obvious faults to me were that you overdefend your blind, and cant let small pots go (for what its worth)
Old 11-15-2005, 08:01 PM

Just played with you today, actually. You and the uber-fish at the table were going back and forth like crazy, it was kind of funny - but only because the uber-fish was playing right along with it. Your description of your personality is spot on for "CAP_THAT_CHIT" too.... you really do act like an ass at the table, not that it bothers me at all.

You seemed pretty solid to me overall, although I think you try to steal a little too often. (You did have a losing session from my perspective, but it wasn't major. Betting out with Ace-high on the river wasn't wise, BTW - not when I had already shown you that I had something. LOL.)
Old 11-15-2005, 08:21 PM

What do you see wrong with that hand? Aside from preflop but that could have been read/table dependent.