Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 11-15-2005, 11:41 AM

Default bonus with no raked hands (?!?!)

Some guy I ran into at Party and exchanged AIM with a while ago AIMd me yesterday and offers me a bonus of upto $2000 if I deposit upto $1000 at Party Poker. So, I guess that's a 200% deposit bonus.

I asked him what the raked hand requirement is and he says THERE ARE NONE. He says I can cash out right away and have the bonus money if I decide not to play under him. It sounded too good and I told him there is something he is not telling me. To this, he says he is not a scam and the deal is for real and I can ask him any question. So, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and chatted with him about his offer.

I wish I had saved the AIM chat so you guys can read the conversation for yourself, but from what I got out of him, he was basically putting up his own money for the deposit bonus and gambling that he can hook a few long term players who will stay with him long enough to recover his money invested.

His offer is not a rake back so he will keep all of the 35% he is getting from Party. At first he didn't mention the fact that he is getting 35%. That's something I got out of him after he realized he was talking to someone who was at least aware of rakebacks and affiliates. I don't know if this question is allowed in this forum, but is 35% even possible for Party?

Anyway, if you give this guy the benefit of the doubt so far, then it seems his offer is based on people signing up for the big bonus without the raked hand requirement and gambling that a handful of those sign ups will stay with him. It makes sense, but why would he not have a raked hand requirement? It just seems too risky for him, but could it be that he is taking this risk to separate himself from everyone else that's offering a signup bonus? He says the bonus is his won money so he can release it without any restrictions from the site.

What do you all think about this?

I also asked him about the issue of creating another account at Party. I told him that I already have a Party Poker account and that from my knowledge you cannot create multiple accounts under the same name. He says he can get around that because he is working with someone from Party, blah blah.

Really? Can someone be hooked up at Party well enough that he can help create multiple accounts?

Maybe offers like this is common, but it just seemed too wierd.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: bonus with no raked hands (?!?!)

fwiw, I got a similar IM, except the guy was pitching a 300% bonus up to $3000.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: bonus with no raked hands (?!?!)

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, I got a similar IM, except the guy was pitching a 300% bonus up to $3000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, actaully that's how he quoted it but sometime during the course of the conversation he said something like,

"Yes, after you sign up with me, you will have a total of $3000 in your account".

So I said something like, "Let me be clear. I thought you said $3000 bonus max at 300%, so that would mean $1000 my deposit and $3000 your bonus for a total of $4000 cash-out-able right away."

To this he said something like, "I'm sorry $3000 total".

So from this I figured he misquoted and it really is a $2000 max 200% bonus. I didn't really grill him on this misquote becasue I was more interested in finding out what his scam was, but in the end it seemed legit, but still WHY WOULD HE PUT HIMSELF AT RISK BY HAVING NO RAKED HANDS?

Would someone take that much of a risk to get his affiliate business going?

Also, this is something I left out of the original post. I told him I already play with a rakeback deal from another site and I really have no incentive to play for the $2000 bonus. So, I am not a good candicate for his offer, since I have no intention of staying.

To this he said something like, "Well, that's upto you to decide, but I hope you will stay with me. So, you really have nothing to lose."

And if I think about it, if he hooks a decent volume player, the player doesn't have to play that long for this guy to recover his $2000 investment based on his claim he is getting 35%.