Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 02:17 PM

Default GameStop (trip report)

last thursday i went to sell my PS2 and games since i haven't played in a few years and basically my console just collects dust now that i don't use it for dvd's.

i get to GameStop and boy this place has changed, it looks like a supercenter now. the last time i was here it looked the size of my bedroom and if there was more than 5 people in the shop you were frustrated b/c you couldn't walk around. now the gaming centers look like cathedrals and everything is state of the art. pretty sweet.

i am trading in for cash, 1 PS2 and 9 games. i let my step-brother rummage through my games and grab what he wanted before i went and he ended up taking 14 games. what a dick [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].

while i am waiting in line i see a kid that can't be any older than 6 playing on the X-Box 360 center, his hands barely reach the controls but he is having the time of his life. he is playing some shoot-em-up game, looks pretty sweet. everytime he shoots he yells, "bang! bang!" then when he does something good he yells across the store, "look daddy i am killing all the bad guys!" this is putting me in a great mood, this kid is cute as hell.

when i get to the front the clerk was friendly and very helpful. i take my PS2 and all my games and controllers out of my backpack and put them on the counter and he is counting it up. he asks me if i want this trade-in to be cash or credit. i thought this was a [censored] stupid question, why the [censored] would i want credit if i am trading in my PS2? this means i am retired bud, no mas for me. i guess he thinks i have another console or something so i stay nice and say, "cash." then he trys to get me to order a game pro magazine for an extra 10% on my trade in but i decline and tell him that i don't play anymore, he finally gets the hint.

it's noon and people are starting to pile into the store and its kind of awkward b/c there is one clerk and i am holding everyone up. my lord, i just want to leave. after about 10 minutes of this crap he says this, "oh you can't trade in for cash right now, we don't have enough in the register...come back later in the day we should have enough then." what? how do you not have money in your register? you are a place of business. whatever, at this point i am still in a good mood from the cute kid and i am hungry so i leave.

but then he says, "come back around 5 or 6 boss."

oh i had a dane cook moment when he said that. i hate it when people say boss or chief, but i kept walking.

i come back around 6 (my gf works next door). he tells me everyone has paid with credit card or credit. haha. i am getting bent over with no lube or a reach around, this is greatness. he calls me boss about two or three more times, i just laugh cause this is actually becoming funny to me that a store that sells thousands of dollars in video games some bought from 10 year old kids with nothing but cash and not a credit card in their name doesn't have $150 in their store.

it' not a big deal since it's not that much money, i was just doing some cleaning and was sick of looking at it. maybe i will go today and see what they say [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]...
Old 11-14-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: GameStop (trip report)

Craigslist, Boss.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:20 PM

why is it so ridiculous that he asked cash or credit? maybe you wanted to trade up in system?
Old 11-14-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why is it so ridiculous that he asked cash or credit? maybe you wanted to trade up in system?

[/ QUOTE ]
well looking from my point of view knowing that i wasn't playing anymore i thought it was dumb, but then i realized he could have just thought i didn't play PS2 anymore and was going to get a 360 or something.

yeah it wasn't a ridiculous question.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:53 PM

This kid sounds like a dick. What you should do is have your girlfriend call you on the phone when some other clerk besides him is there. It's bound to happen sooner or later. Or try another store.

I'd also write the company an e-mail as a copy of a snail mail. I used to write complaint letters for a lawyer I worked for all the time. This guy was really a crackpot without usually a legit issue, but he got tons of offers back for free merchandise, a free meal at a restaurant, etc. He did it via snail mail, though.

Anyway, you might well get some real consideration back, if not something out right free. And someone who will steer you to, at the least, a store that will guaranteed give you money without crap. Plus you might get the clerk's ass, and more importantly his manager's ass, the scalding it deserves.

Seriously, I've seen this stuff work PLENTY of times. It mostly depends on whether you have any initiative.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:53 PM

You wanna sell it? What do you want for it? What games?
Old 11-14-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You wanna sell it? What do you want for it? What games?

[/ QUOTE ]
GameStop was going to give $70 for it.

the game you might not want, they are old and outdated...i will name a few off the top of my head:

tony hawk's pro skater 3
mvp baseball 2004
sega tennis (terrible, just so you know)
nba live 02'
nba live 03'
nba streetz

the games are in my car and i don't feel like going to get them, there are a few others.

stepbro took the new nba live's, streetz, mvp baseball, hawk underground and all the newer games.