Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-14-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Are you looking for 5/10 Limit Holdem in Vegas?

[ QUOTE ]
There is no point in continuing this discussion. You are convinced that you are right. Regardless of the obvious differences in a game played with or without a kill and the assurances of numerous experienced posters, you are still convinced that you are right. I conceed. You are right.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no need for you to be facetious and condescending. All I did was disagree with your point. I'm aware that what I'm saying is opposite of the convenional wisdom, so naturally many will disagree with it.

As to the "obvious differences in a game played with or without a kill," that you imply that I'm not aware of, I already addressed that it hinders action from many low-limit players who are willing to give 5/10 a shot but don't wish to play 10/20. Of course, kills do stimulate action from other players, but I think we can agree this is because certain players will be more willing to play when the kill is on and they see more money in the pot. When the kill is off we should expect less action, but at Foxwoods the 5/10 action is usually great regardless of whether or not the pot is killed. I think these two pieces of evidence support my conclusion that the 5/10 at Foxwoods is not great because it is played with a kill, and therefore another factor or factors is responsible. If you disagree with my evidence or the conclusions that I have drawn from it, that is fine, just please do so respectfully.