Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-14-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: On the agony of being a fan of both Matusow and Raymer.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there is any great contradiction. Mike isn't like Hellmuth. He isn't a a little prick because he takes a bad beat and feels the need to insult someone, he just enjoys being a douchebag, but in his personal life is the nicest friendliest guy you'll meet. He'll show flashes of class at the table, and is only really vicious to actual douchebags.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, like Raymer?
Old 11-14-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I compare Mike to Chad Johnson. He says outlandish things to get under people's skin, but even his opponents know it's in good fun. The conerbacks that Johnson plays against actually look forward to the crazy things he's going to say because they know it will be lighthearted and funny. To carry the analogy further:
Matasow = Chad Johnson
Hellmuth = Terrell Owens

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't disagree with the last part of this more. Comparing T.O. to Hellmuth is a discredit to Hellmuth.

How many bracelets does Hellmuth have? OK, now, tell me how many championships T.O. has been a part of.

Sorry, but I hate T.O. and actually think Hellmuth has serious game.

[/ QUOTE ]

and T.O. doesn't have serious game? Football is a team sports. How many games has T.O. been the best player on the field? Answer: A lot more than 10(Hellmuth's bracelet count).
Old 11-15-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I compare Mike to Chad Johnson. He says outlandish things to get under people's skin, but even his opponents know it's in good fun. The conerbacks that Johnson plays against actually look forward to the crazy things he's going to say because they know it will be lighthearted and funny. To carry the analogy further:
Matasow = Chad Johnson
Hellmuth = Terrell Owens

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't disagree with the last part of this more. Comparing T.O. to Hellmuth is a discredit to Hellmuth.

How many bracelets does Hellmuth have? OK, now, tell me how many championships T.O. has been a part of.

Sorry, but I hate T.O. and actually think Hellmuth has serious game.

[/ QUOTE ]

and T.O. doesn't have serious game? Football is a team sports. How many games has T.O. been the best player on the field? Answer: A lot more than 10(Hellmuth's bracelet count).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hellmuth is better at what he does, than TO at what he does. It's that simple.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:03 AM

off topic, but why can't i find raymer's posts when I do a search, I am interested and want to learn from his discussions
Old 11-15-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Matusow is not classy, but he's damn funny.

[/ QUOTE ]
hes a clown, but that doesnt mean hes funny