Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Dealer keeps showing people my cards

[ QUOTE ]
HP does suck i was owning the 100 nl for 12 bb over 80 visits of 4 hours plus

[/ QUOTE ]
So you were up by twenty-four dollars? OWNAGE!
Old 11-06-2005, 01:53 PM

When I fold a hand, I deliberately slide them so that they touch the muck. At that point, my hand is dead and no one can see it
Old 11-06-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Not Just a westcoast problem

I had the same issue at foxwoods and once at borgata...
the solution was i warned the floor that i would respectfully ask to see all the cards on every hand...
that was the last time i was asked to show after some words from the other players to the guy who asked three times to see mine
Old 11-06-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stop playing at this retarded place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its close to my house and I have a good line on a lot of the regulars. But yeah, Hollywood park sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've probably played and my guess is you have a line on me. Which is why I'm trying to change my line and not post NL strategy under my own name anymore.

~ Rick
Old 11-06-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try mucking a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best solution by far.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I fold a hand, I deliberately slide them so that they touch the muck. At that point, my hand is dead and no one can see it

[/ QUOTE ]

That really doesn't matter, because the dealer will simply pull them OUT of the muck and show them.

The rule is, if you go all the way THROUGH and INCLUDING showdown, be it if you bet or anyone bets or NOT, if someone demands to see your cards, then anyone at your table can indeed do so (even if they were NOT in the hand).

However, it's really considered BAD form to do this. The rule was created back in the days when cheating was rampant, and thus, when you do this to another player, you are insinuating that they are cheating.

My advice to the OP is this, if no one bets on the river, and you KNOW you don't have the winning hand, and you have someone doing this to you more than once ... MUCK your cards when the dealer comes to you, even if it was checked to you.

That way, you never went all the way to showdown (since you folded when it was your turn, checked or not), and thus they would have NO right to see your cards then.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HP does suck i was owning the 100 nl for 12 bb over 80 visits of 4 hours plus

[/ QUOTE ]
So you were up by twenty-four dollars? OWNAGE!

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao
Old 11-06-2005, 04:03 PM

Just show your cards and move on. Yes, it's annoying but the disruption to the game is more annoying.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:04 PM

This is a pet peeve of mine as well. One time when I was dealing at Ocean’s 11 there was a guy who sat down and started asking to see almost everyone’s mucked hands. The game was super donkish and I’m not sure anyone even noticed or knew enough to be annoyed and so he just went on with it. But as soon as I got pushed I told the floor who then walked over to the table and said to the new dealer, in a loud voice, “(Dealer) let me know if anyone abuses the ‘see mucked hands’ rule.” That put a stop to it.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:23 PM

What I have found to work the best at putting a stop to this crap...

When someone asks to see a mucked hand, rather it is yours or someone else's hand. In a loud and angry voice "So what makes you think that he is cheating! I want to know, right now! I have played several hands with this person and if they are cheating I want to know right now damn it! Floor!!!"

When they look at you totally shocked and mutter "I dont think they are cheating. I just want to see what they were calling with", jump all over their [censored]. "Then why the hell are you using a rule that is ONLY there to prevent cheating!".

Once you put it terms of cheating, most people will stop asking because they do not want to look like they are calling another player a cheater.