Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Junk hand, junk villains, overplayed, undreplayed

The guy on my left (utg) is a real real lag, something like a 50/18/2 and the guy on my right is also fairly laggy with similar aggression numbers but only a 35% VPIP

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.17 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

River: (8.17 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks button checks

I'm not quite sure whether or not I overkilled the flop with a three bet. I believed that I probably had the best hand and hadto protect it. Plus, villain on my right is capable of capping with all kinds of draws which might get this heads up.

I think my check on the end is just terrible. Does anyone else believe that betting this river is imperative?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Junk hand, junk villains, overplayed, undreplayed

Yeah, you gotta bet that river and give button a chance to fold his busted flush draw (or maybe his 5 with a better kicker?).

I'm not sure how I feel about the flop -- if you're confident in your read on UTG, then I guess it's OK.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:20 PM

Um, what am I missing here? Aren't your fives counterfeited? Don't you lose if Villain is holding anything 6 and above? If so, I check and fold to a bet.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:25 PM

Bet the river. You're folding him about 30% of the time here at least.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:47 PM

Yeah, got to bet the river.
I probably play the other streets more passively, because I don't want to fold against these players and the chances of them taking a free card are slim.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Junk hand, junk villains, overplayed, undreplayed *DELETED*

Post deleted by Boomhauer
Old 10-27-2005, 07:01 PM

That's why we consider betting this river. We can only win by bluffing here.

Essentially we're betting 1 to win 8BB or so (since we fold if raised). You don't think villian folds this often but I'm not convinced ...
Old 10-27-2005, 07:09 PM

Yes... betting on the river is imperative. Villain might have a busted draw which now beats your 5 kicker. You only need for him to fold a better hand ~1 time in 8 for it to be better than checking.

I like the hand to that point, and I'm check/calling a river that doesn't pair the board or complete a flush draw.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:10 PM

I agree... I kind of auto checked it, like you would if you decided that you dont want to bet a river for value, but I immediately regretted it, realizing that a folding equity bet needed to be made.

If anyone has any flop suggestions I'd love to hear them. Folding is a better option than just calling his raise here, though, in my opinion.