Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: driving pet peeves (i felt like snapping again)

Most driving stuff that I get upset about, I forget about in like 20 seconds, unless you almost cause an accident.

Other than that, the only thing that really bugs me is when I'm obviously being nice and letting you get in front of me, or turn, or something, and you don't at least give me the hand or something. Acting like you were owed that window of opportunity.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When two (three) cars are going the same speed, making it impossible to pass either (any) of them. Worse than this is when both (all) are going under the speed limit. Worst of all is when it happens on the freeway. Left lane is for passing; if you want to do the same speed as your neighbor, get behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this one two. Unless its stop n' go traffic, there's absolutely no reason for cars to drive side by side. Its not just for passing - if for some reason something happens, having an empty lane to swerve into can be very important. I especially hate this when I'm on my bike - either pass me or slow down and I'll pull in front, but don't [censored] pace me...

I also *really* hate drivers who think they are smarter than everyone else because they shoot down the empty lane and merge as late as possible. Hypothetically when traffic is relatively light, two lanes can merge into one without anyone having to stop, except that all it takes is a couple of assholes like this and the whole line has to stop as they force their way in.

For those haven't seen, you should check this page on traffic waves. It really drives home the point that if everyone drove more consciously we could all get where we're going a lot faster, and that all it takes are a few assholes to screw up an entire road.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially when the passenger riding shotgun waves their hand at you to "thank you" as they're cutting you off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to hear this called the "Rhode Island Wave" - when someone cuts you off and then waves "thanks" at you. I'm actually starting to think its a pretty good philosophy for life in general - if you have to screw someone, be sure to thank them afterwards...
Old 10-27-2005, 07:04 PM

Anybody in a sports car that isn't doing the speed limit or above. Use it or lose it.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:14 PM

I hate when you are driving on a country road and the speed limit is 60 yet the guy in the first car is doing 40. Hey [censored], if 20 cars are tailgating you, chances are you are driving too slow. Get the F_ck over and let everyone pass.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:15 PM

middlelaners - the people that sit doing around or less than the speed limit on the middle lane of a 3 lane motorway and never leave it. even when there is nothing in the slow lane. everyone has to get into the fast lane to overtake and it drives me slightly mental.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:34 PM

I hate people who won't make a right turn on red when it's legal, no matter how safe it is. And people who won't use turn signals.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate people

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:46 PM

People who are waiting at a light, knowing they are turning left but they have no signal on. Light changes and they slowly creep out..and stop and turn their left turn signal on. And I am stuck behind them for the duration of the green because traffic is whizzing by in the right lane. Grounds for homicide, nearly.

KJS
Old 10-27-2005, 07:47 PM

I call it the "moving block" and yes it does suck bad.

KJS