Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Two ugly b$tches

I would just bet out and force you to call down. I'm unsure whether I 3bet you on the flop or stop and go on the turn if you raise my flop bet. So lets put it this way:

All numbers assume that the other two people aren't coming in, but often times they will and you'll get more money.

Calling to showdown costs 2.5BB, and gives all hands worst than yours an opportunity to throw some chips your way, as well as giving you an opportunity to hit your 2outer when you are behind.

Raising the flop folds out worst hands by the turn (so you win 1bb instead of 2.5 when you are ahead). Plus, if you aren't ahead, then either the flop gets 3bet (do you fold to that by the way?) or the turn gets checked through (assuming op slowplays and tries to c/r you then) So now, if the latter happens, you paid 2bb to see the showdown instead of 2.5, but you folded out hands you wanted to keep in, thus winning less when you are ahead. And if the capper 3bets the flop, then seeing showdown will cost you 3.5bb instead, except you might fold, costing you a chance to hit your 2-outer. That's why calling down from the start is better.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising this. The fact that two Aces are out there makes it less likely that he is holding one. Plus, I want to find out quickly while its cheaper where I'm at as well as see how the big blind reacts to this hand. If he calls two cold he has trips or a boat. If big blind raises he has trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising sucks as we are not really worried about getting a worse hands to fold given they have at most 3 outs against us (think a cautious multiway WA/WB here).
Old 10-26-2005, 07:53 PM

Hobbs, I think I understand your position and it is VERY valid. I may show a little too much aggression, but it is with the intent of determining on a cheaper street whether to procede. The difference between calling and raising is 1/2 a BB. The information may save me 1 or 2 BB's later. the wa/wb thought is good if you plan to call to showdown. Before I plan on going to showdown, I want a little more info. If I raise (flop)and am called (flop)and then am bet into on the turn, I can assume that I have 2 outs. If I am raised on the flop, I can assume I have 2 outs. If I am called (flop) and checked to (turn), I can call behind (a likely scenario since I raised the flop. even if I am behind, they may go for a c/r). and I get to showdown cheaper than calling each street. If I am ahead, I am Ok with chasing a person with a few outs off the pot (the pot is big enough to do what i can to maximize my chance of getting it).

LLL