Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Two ugly b$tches

MP1 has a pfr of 16, but we don't what he caps with. Whatever I'm guessing this is JJ/TT enough and so I call down. The others in the pot have at best 3 outs again QQ.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, and one more thing... People that cap the flop rarely slowplay... Think of it. What happens if he slowplays? You INSTANTLY put him on AK/AA and fold. By betting out he collects more bets from you, and if you raise him, well, POW! 3bet and even more bets for him.

Also, what do you do if you raise and he calls, then checks to you on the turn? You gonna bet then? How do you respond to a raise? It's an expensive line you're taking.

[/ QUOTE ]

So If he doesn't bet, I should put him on a monster. If he does bet I should put him on a monster? So, no matter what, he has a monster? you lost me somewhere in there.

As far as folding out other hands. I am looking to fold out weak aces coming from the BB and UTG+2. After that, I assume I am WA/WB. I check the turn if checked to me (unless while live, I catch a read).
Old 10-26-2005, 06:53 PM

Are you talking about making someone fold ace-rag on this board? Because theres no way in hell thats happening.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:55 PM

Weak aces will NEVER fold here.
But seriously, if capper decides to c/r the flop, what do you put him on? KQo?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? This has not been checked by the PF raiser. IF IT HAD BEEN checked to me on the flop, I bet. If it is raised, I fold.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? This has not been checked by the PF raiser. IF IT HAD BEEN checked to me on the flop, I bet. If it is raised, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then you agree that the preflop capper is better off NOT slowplaying AK and betting out with it? Because then you don't fold. Heck, instead of folding, you want to raise him! Do you see what callind down is better now?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you talking about making someone fold ace-rag on this board? Because theres no way in hell thats happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be wrong here. If I am, it is because online (which I don't play) and Live (which I do) have players that act in different ways. In a 4/8 game, I Have folded weak Aces out in a situation like this since it was capped prior and I get credit for AQ or AK (Or MP1 gets credit).

LLL
Old 10-26-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So then you agree that the preflop capper is better off NOT slowplaying AK and betting out with it? Because then you don't fold. Heck, instead of folding, you want to raise him! Do you see what callind down is better now?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Why would he raise my flop bet if he is slowplaying? Would you?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:23 PM

I'm surprised that no one yet has focused on the BB, who is as tight as a drum yet called a raise and a reraise preflop.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:27 PM

I'm raising this. The fact that two Aces are out there makes it less likely that he is holding one. Plus, I want to find out quickly while its cheaper where I'm at as well as see how the big blind reacts to this hand. If he calls two cold he has trips or a boat. If big blind raises he has trips.