Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 10-24-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Whats the best way to read women?

Justgo ahead and pull you wanker out...if she blows you it is safe to assume that she wants to go out with you!
Old 10-24-2005, 02:31 PM

All signs point to yes, but I suck with women also so I'd probably post about it rather than actually ask her out. That's me though...I say you can do better and actually go out on a date with her. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jeff
Old 10-24-2005, 02:36 PM

You're thinking too hard. Do some pushups before class and ask her out.

P.S. Even though she is older, you are on the same level in school. It's not like you're in college and she's a doctor. Besides, older women rule, and they do like younger guys, if you have your [censored] together.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:45 PM

Best way to read women?

In Braille.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 03:55 PM

She's giving you a lot of signals and if you don't act on them soon she will put you in the "wuss" category and chicks don't want a wussyboy.
Try putting it into your head that you're not the lucky one because she's interested, you're the prize and she will have to work for it.

Do not go out and buy her dinner as that's wussy too, she'll just think that you want to buy her, instead suggest that she should come along with you and do something not related to school.
For example say "hey (hot chick), I'm going to this new flying aquarium (or whatever) downtown, you should tag along, it will be fun."
If she's interested she'll bite and if not there's plenty more fish in the sea. Seems like you get along together so keep it up and don't start acting needy and calling her 10 times a day in case it starts to work your way. Girls don't like needy guys either, just keep teasing her so she doesn't really know where she has you.
Just think about how good you can make her feel and not the other way around.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She's giving you a lot of signals and if you don't act on them soon she will put you in the "wuss" category and chicks don't want a wussyboy.
Try putting it into your head that you're not the lucky one because she's interested, you're the prize and she will have to work for it.

Do not go out and buy her dinner as that's wussy too, she'll just think that you want to buy her, instead suggest that she should come along with you and do something not related to school.
For example say "hey (hot chick), I'm going to this new flying aquarium (or whatever) downtown, you should tag along, it will be fun."
If she's interested she'll bite and if not there's plenty more fish in the sea. Seems like you get along together so keep it up and don't start acting needy and calling her 10 times a day in case it starts to work your way. Girls don't like needy guys either, just keep teasing her so she doesn't really know where she has you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I think this is absolutely terrible advice.

I agree that you don't want to seem needy, but most women prefer a man who is open and upfront and honest.

I would ask her out for dinner - there is no ambiguity about dinner - it is a date. All this "oh...you know...whatever...I'm too good for you" BS This may get you laid, but its not the way you start off with a woman if you want anything more than a romp in the hay.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that you don't want to seem needy, but most women prefer a man who is open and upfront and honest.

I would ask her out for dinner - there is no ambiguity about dinner - it is a date. All this "oh...you know...whatever...I'm too good for you" BS This may get you laid, but its not the way you start off with a woman if you want anything more than a romp in the hay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that you should act like a jerk, I'm saying that you should not act like she's some divine creature.
I'm not saying you should be dishonest either, where did you get that from?
This whole "asking for a date" also puts alot of pressure in the situation where as going out for just a coffee or for a walk is more neutral, the goal should be to have fun and not trying to be romantic the first date.

People want what they can't have so you should definitely NOT start opening up your heart and telling her what you feel for her in the beginning, that's a sure fire way to get her running for the hills unless she's insecure or you're Brad Pitt.
Her excitement comes from not knowing what comes next and if you tell her right away that you like her and will do anything for her she'll lose all that excitement and can just take you for granted.

If i can play with what you're writing too, about being totally upfront and honest I suppose you're suggesting he'll go to her and say "You're beautiful, I want to have sex with you."
That way of being honest won't get you very far now will it?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that you should act like a jerk, I'm saying that you should not act like she's some divine creature.
I'm not saying you should be dishonest either, where did you get that from?
This whole "asking for a date" also puts alot of pressure in the situation where as going out for just a coffee or for a walk is more neutral, the goal should be to have fun and not trying to be romantic the first date.

People want what they can't have so you should definitely NOT start opening up your heart and telling her what you feel for her in the beginning, that's a sure fire way to get her running for the hills unless she's insecure or you're Brad Pitt.
Her excitement comes from not knowing what comes next and if you tell her right away that you like her and will do anything for her she'll lose all that excitement and can just take you for granted.

If i can play with what you're writing too, about being totally upfront and honest I suppose you're suggesting he'll go to her and say "You're beautiful, I want to have sex with you."
That way of being honest won't get you very far now will it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right - and I apologize for misinterpreting your advice - I just hear it a lot from guys that you have to act all cool and aloof - and my experience is that such an approach only works with skanky women or women with poor self-esteem.

I am not talking about being overly romantic - but as much as women don't like it when men seem needy or pushy, they also DO like it when men are direct and ask for what they want - this is one of the biggest differences you see in women as you get older. College is sort of a middle ground, so its hard to tell what kind of woman this is.

Most women I know - and knew in college - would respect a man who said to her "would you like to go out for dinner this weekend?" rather than trying to act all coy. When you ask for that, you are telling the woman that you want to spend an evening with her and her alone - that makes her feel wanted and makes her feel special - and that is what women want to feel.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:46 PM

Snowball,
I'm no dating expert. I'm just speaking from a guy similar to you who married WAAAY above him in the looks department.
She wants you.
Every sign is there. Having said that, don't blow it. By that, I mean don't get too excited after your great first date. Don't call her right away. Wait for three days, like the guy in the movie "Swingers." Every girl says that they want a guy who doesn't play games, but play games. Trust me. Play hard to get. She'll like you more.

Lastly, you asked how else to read a woman: if she touches her hair a lot when you are talking, she likes you.

Good luck.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:53 PM

The problem with women is that they aren't nice, readable TAGS. They are incredible maniacs, going all-in with 2-3 not suited and folding AA preflop when it's that time of the month.

I'd just ask her out. The only thing you can be positive of is that she doesn't hate you, so she'll at least be nice if she rejects you. I'd put you as a 66% favorite to get a date.