Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-20-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: big hand, big draw-bubble time

the fact that i post in mid/high and i am mainly a cash game player. i am here to learn, if you find something uninteresting then why post...oh i get it if you want to up your post count go to OOT.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i played to win the tournement, not to just finish in the money.

CO showed a set of 6's, Button showed K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] the river was a brick and i was out.

[/ QUOTE ]

17 outs (if behind). You are probably behind less than 50% of the time. This is the time to seize control of the tournament. If you won this hand, you would be in optimal position heading to the final table to pick on people who were trying to move up spots.
This hand plays itself really, bubble or no bubble.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:56 PM

Do you really think were ahead more than 50% of the time here?

Hero raises 5XBB UTG and pots it on A xc xc flop.

Unless the callers are complete donks 1 of these calls will more often than not be a flush draw IMO.( and the other will be a set). Theres no way 2 pair/Ax doesnt re-raise with the clubs out there.

I think I check the turn with the intention of re-raising all in or taking the free card, if we dont improve I check call, and I think we still win a pretty nice pot if the board pairs or brings the 4th club.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think were ahead more than 50% of the time here?

Hero raises 5XBB UTG and pots it on A xc xc flop.

Unless the callers are complete donks 1 of these calls will more often than not be a flush draw IMO.( and the other will be a set). Theres no way 2 pair/Ax doesnt re-raise with the clubs out there.

I think I check the turn with the intention of re-raising all in or taking the free card, if we dont improve I check call, and I think we still win a pretty nice pot if the board pairs or brings the 4th club.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree with this. You are nearly always behind on this turn and have no reason to drive anybody out on the off chance you aren't. I think it's a check/call.