Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Unknown Re-re-steals

No read. This is somewhat common I think...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero's plan?
Old 10-19-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Unknown Re-re-steals

Value bet this mother into the ground.

-blake
Old 10-19-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-blake

[/ QUOTE ]

so you like bet/fold? or bet/calldown?
Old 10-19-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-blake

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't fold to a raise. Bet-call and check the river. Probably fold if he fires another shell on the river.

Rob
Old 10-19-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-blake

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't fold to a raise. Bet-call and check the river. Probably fold if he fires another shell on the river.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

right. without the gutshot outs, then you like betfold?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:11 AM

I don't understand why you didn't checkraise the flop...

If he's aggressive he'll often raise you with worse hands because the donk is an odd move, often seen as a feeble attempt to regain initiative...since we can't fold to a raise we risk giving a free card or getting raised again on the turn if we stopNgo...

I personally c/r the flop and lead the turn...this opens us up to more action but plays better on average vs his range of hands IMO. Also, we can be confident enough to fold if he 3bets us on the flop and bets the turn again IMO, given the heavy pf and flop action - he'll be betting for value.

Surf
Old 10-19-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I personally c/r the flop and lead the turn...this opens us up to more action but plays better on average vs his range of hands IMO. Also, we can be confident enough to fold if he 3bets us on the flop and bets the turn again IMO, given the heavy pf and flop action - he'll be betting for value.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

but a decent player, when they have a big made hand, won't 3bet the flop. they will call your flop raise and then either raise the turn or call the turn and raise the river. This is also a likely line for AK. So are you advocating that we c/r the flop, lead the turn and the calldown? or c/r and then bet/fold (which exposes us to the same danger as my line, although we can fold slightly more confidently).
Old 10-25-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

but a decent player, when they have a big made hand, won't 3bet the flop. they will call your flop raise and then either raise the turn or call the turn and raise the river. This is also a likely line for AK. So are you advocating that we c/r the flop, lead the turn and the calldown? or c/r and then bet/fold (which exposes us to the same danger as my line, although we can fold slightly more confidently).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious about this as well as this comes up often for me. I'll check-raise the Preflop raiser on the flop with a pair of some sort. Then I will bet the turn and get raised. I almost always throw it away here but I'm wondering if this should be a calldown.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if i could find a fold on the river... if you bet-call the turn, and he bets the river, you'll be getting 10.5-1 odds to call. for a lag, he could be bullying you with overcards, and even for a solid player maybe Ad Kd could play like this?

YOU know that you're going to showdown. i feel that he knows that too. so folding is probably the right play... but he only needs to be taking a final stab at the pot 8% of the time to make folding wrong...
Old 10-25-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't know what to make of this player, that's the problem. C/R flop, lead turn, lead river if not raised, is probably going to be the best default line, because it preys on the overly loose-passive 5/10 default player.